Chapter 6

Sena would never forget her sister's sacrifice. She knew that the palace was a terrible place with sinister people that schemed to survive. Majority of the royal family and their concubines had their days filled with plans on how to eliminate one another. Sena wasn't stupid enough to think Yuna would be happy. She knew that Yuna was willing to live that kind of life in order for her to gain happiness.

Sena felt inadequate and small. She wasn't capable of achieving anything. She didn't have enough power or strength to fight for her love. She forced her own sister into a horrible life because of her selfishness. Her guilt overwhelmed her when she knew of Yuna's sacrifice.

Sena was hoping that both Yuna and her could get married to nice husbands be happy together for the rest of their lives. None of that seemed possible at this point. Living in the palace was a constant war between the royals and concubines. Sena couldn't fathom what Yuna was going through in that sort of place.

The moment that Yuna spoke of her end of the deal, the Emperor was stunned by her proposal. The Emperor had only met this girl once. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen during his lifetime. She was unlike all the concubines in his residence and he could tell just by her demeanor. She was wise beyond her years and the smallest movements she made revealed the movements of an experienced martial artist.

The only reason that he refrained from proposing or approaching her was for various reasons. One of the reasons was because of his age. He was almost as old as her father. He was always particular with keeping his image as clean as possible, but this girl was the exception. He had never expected that she would propose to him on her own.

The Emperor was extremely observant and could tell that Yuna wasn't proposing to him because of her love for him. This marriage was only possible because of Yuna's sister. He still didn't want to lose this chance to be with her and decided to marry her.

The Emperor already had an Empress that ruled the harem. It was common for men in this generation to have multiple wives, but the Emperor could only have one Empress. He could only welcome Yuna into his residence as a concubine. Yuna still chose to marry him regardless of these obstacles. He wouldn't miss this chance.

The Emperor was enamored with Yuna, but that was not a good thing in the palace. The Empress and the Concubines all despised her for taking all of the Emperor's favor. Her life in the palace was constantly threatened by people that targeted her for various reasons. Yuna wasn't worried about the Concubines or the Emperor. Especially when her martial arts surpassed most of the guards.

She secretly practiced the sword and her martial arts in order to protect her and her little sister. Sena was special to her and she would even give up her own life just for Yuna to be happy. Even if her father hated them both, she still had her one and only sister.

While living in the palace, Yuna survived multiple assassination attempts and made a name for herself as the ruthless concubine. The Empress was always on the losing end when it came to schemes. None of her assassination attempts were successful and the Emperor grew more and more in love with this concubine. She couldn't stand the look on his face.