Chapter 20

Haemi's attractive face was reflected on the lake's surface. She wasn't expecting Yuna to be staring at that reflection. Haemi was beautiful, but the expression on her face made her look devious. If Yuna wasn't so observant of her surroundings, she definitely wouldn't have noticed how Haemi was two-faced.

Haemi tapped Yuna's shoulders lightly and she beamed her pearly white teeth at her. Yuna didn't want to call it a smile, because she knew Haemi wasn't actually smiling at her. Haemi's fairy-like voice broke the silence, "Hello. I'm Kim, Haemi and I'm your cousin, from your father's side of the family. It's nice to finally be able to meet you."

Yuna responded by looking up and down observing her appearance. She then turned away uninterested and she continued playing with the koi fish in the pond. Haemi felt her eyebrows twitch when she watched how arrogant her cousin really was. She should've known that this girl would be difficult to get along with.

Haemi coughed, "I don't think you heard me well enough. I'm your cousin from your ..." Yuna cut her off, "I know who you are. Could you be quieter, please?" Yuna had her palm facing Haemi's face and she was constantly staring down at the pond like there really was something interesting there. Haemi felt ticked, "I don't think you should be treating a relative like this. Don't you think that you're being a bit rude?"

Yuna burst out into laughter when she heard Haemi, "I guess I am being rude. So what? I didn't ask you to come here and bother me. I would like it if you returned to your residence. I don't want to have to entertain you. It's not my job." Haemi scoffed, "I've never met anyone so rude. You better watch your words, or else."

What could Haemi possibly do? Yuna was curious, "Or else, what?" Haemi looked like a pitiful bird, "If you keep treating me like this, I'll have no choice but to tell my parents." Yuna laughed at her, "And what will your parents do?" Haemi thought about it a bit and responded, "You don't think it will ruin your family's reputation if my parents found out how you're treating me? I don't deserve to be treated like this. My parents and possibly your father, will be very disappointed in you."

Was she seriously thinking that her father would side with her? Maybe she had a couple screws loose in her head. Yuna taunted, "I don't think your family can do much. I really don't care what they can offer, so why don't you find someone else to be friends with. I'm not really in the mood to be dealing with you right now."

Haemi was so frustrated that she fell to the ground and began wailing loudly so everyone can hear. A male servant that worked on the outskirts of the Kim Estate ran to the scene. The male servant was not used to working directly with the Kim Family. He was always given menial tasks that led him to locations in the household that weren't used quite often.

He hardly had the chance to interact with the General or his family. He appeared at the scene and noticed that the girl on the floor was beautiful beyond imagination. She wore a pink hanbok that brightened up her appearance. The girl standing to her left was not so beautiful compared to the girl in pink.

The other girl wore clothes that were quite simple. She wore a green top and a white skirt that wasn't appealing to the eyes. She didn't have any make up on and her hair was up in a simple bun. She didn't look rich enough to be the daughter of the general. He had heard about the general's niece that arrived not too long ago. This girl must be the niece and the girl sitting on the floor must be Miss Yuna.

He instantly became angry at the girl that stood and helped the girl in pink up. She cried in his arms so delicately and beautifully that he only felt his face turn red like a tomato. He coaxed her into staying in his arms like he was protecting her from the evil girl that stood not too far from her. "Are you ok, Miss? Do you need this servant's assistance with anything?"

Haemi cried, "I need your help. She slapped me because I was being annoying. My dress also got wet because we're next to a pond. Please help me." Yuna could tell that the male servant has already fallen for Haemi's charm once again. She was used to men constantly being around her like bees to honey. She didn't really care for people that didn't have a heart.

Yuna believed that a person's heart was only capable of loving only one person. It was too much to have feelings for a multitude of men. It just didn't work. If that person genuinely loved the other, they should not have enough room for another. At least that's how Yuna felt about love.

The male servant glared at Yuna while carrying Haemi in his arms, "I think it's about time that you leave this residence. I don't think the general will be happy to hear of this." Yuna wasn't shocked to hear that the male servant was taking Haemi's side. She already accounted for the men that would stick to her like flies to get on her good side. She'd rather they both left her alone. Yuna glared back at the male servant and the cold atmosphere was felt through her glare. She resembled her father greatly and that is why her beauty wasn't conceivable to everyone else but her family.

Yuna wasn't considered beautiful in most men's eyes because she wasn't the typical beauty that resembled a delicate flower. Her beauty stemmed from her cold and aloof persona that made her look like an ice queen. Most men were interested in pampering and taking care of delicate flowers that didn't know how to live their life without a man. It would help men feel as if their ego were boosted when relied on.

Yuna wasn't going to appeal to every man just to get help. She already knew that her strength and fortitude were enough for her to stand up for herself. She'd lived two lives already and she definitely didn't need some random man to make her feel adequate.

The male servant was stunned by the cold aura that emanated from the girl in front of him. He didn't expect for a powerless girl to have an

immense aura that almost surpassed the generals. At first, he felt intimidated, but soon realized that the general was even scarier. Her father would not stand for anyone bullying his precious daughter, so he gained the courage to stick up for the poor girl.

He broke the silence easily feeling undaunted by the girl, "I will not stand by and let you bully the miss. If you dare to go against me, you will have no choice but to face the consequences." Yuna laughed, "Go ahead. Do whatever you need to do. I just want both of you to leave me alone. Is that so difficult? I think not." The male servant scoffed, "Things will not go as smoothly as you think. Just wait until I tell the General. You will be banned from here in no time."

Both Yuna and Haemi realized. This male servant had no clue who was the daughter of the general. Or else why would he mention that Yuna would be banned from the place? Yuna really didn't care if he had a misunderstanding or not. He brought it on himself. Haemi on the other hand, wasn't worried at all. She didn't care if the male servant misunderstood.

She just wanted more people to take her side. She thought that regardless of the misunderstanding, any man would choose to side with her. Haemi's original plan of getting close to Yuna wasn't going as planned, but all Haemi needed to do was to get the chance to remain in this household. If she made it seem like Yuna was being cruel, she would be compensated. That's how everything worked in this world.

The General would surely reprimand Yuna for treating a relative badly. Haemi had it all planned out. She didn't need to make Yuna actually like her, all she needed to do was get the general to be on her side. She could easily fool the general into thinking that she was close to Yuna. Things would go smoothly from there.

Yuna wasn't afraid of Haemi one bit. Although Haemi had a way with men, she knew that her father wasn't like those men. Yuna had trust in her father. That wouldn't have been the case if it were in her past lifetime. Hopefully, she wasn't wrong.