Chapter 21

Unexpectedly, Sun was watching this whole ordeal unfold before her eyes. The girl in pink sure knew how to create drama out of nothing. Yuna wasn't bothering anyone and she was enjoying her time at the pond when she sprung up out of nowhere. Sun was about to talk to Yuna, but she didn't want to disturb their conversation. Looking at the pink dress she wore, revealed that she was of higher status than herself.

Sun was planning on staying out of it, but she could not stand watching other's bully Yuna. Even though she had a difficult time opening up to Yuna, she still viewed her as an ally. She felt irked when she witnessed her being bullied.

She instantly made herself visible to the three people by jumping in between Yuna and Haemi. She didn't care if she was punished for her rude behavior. That was the least of her concerns. Sun shouted, "How dare you try to accuse the miss for something she hadn't done! I clearly saw the whole situation. If you tell the general lies, I will have no choice but to reveal the truth!"

Haemi was outraged by Sun's appearance. She had a strong dislike of all Ezraen citizens. She had grown up viewing Ezraens as no more than slaves that deserved to be treated as nothing but garbage. She felt disgusted by the Ezraen slave that stood up for Yuna. She scoffed, "I'd like to see who the general will believe. He would not listen to a war slave that is nothing more than trash. You should be crawling on the floor like a cockroach. How dare you butt into our conversation!"

The male servant next to her agreed, "I'm shocked that a war slave is even in this household. Who brought her here? She must be a spy that was sent to ruin the general's household!" Haemi gasped in shock when she heard the male servant call her a spy. Haemi instantly began wailing, "What are you doing? You should hurry and get the general before our lives are in danger. HURRY!"

The male servant began sprinting towards the general's study. Both Yuna and Sun stared at each other in confusion when they overreacted. Were they stupid? Why would the general allow a random person to be in their residence without permission? It was known by many that the Kim residence was heavily guarded by soldiers. There was hardly anyone that could sneak into the residence.

Yuna pitied Haemi and her stupid male toy for being so stupid. They should already know that no spy could ever get into the residence. Yuna and Sun looked at each other and immediately understood what the other wanted. They didn't even have to exchange words to know what they needed to do. Yuna reassured Sun with her eyes.

They decided to let the situation play out. They had trust in the general and his decisions. He thought of Sun like a daughter and there would be no way he would believe the lie that she was a spy. They waited patiently for the male servant and the general to arrive at the scene.

Junho was outraged by the incompetent male servant that came rushing to his study. He felt a migraine forming between his eyebrows. He should've known that Haemi would cause problems as soon as he let her into his household. The servant told him that the niece had hurt his daughter, so he rushed to the scene with his guards.

When he arrived, he saw that Haemi was the one that looked to be injured and Yuna stood confidently beside Sun. He stared back at the incompetent servant and asked, "It seems that you don't want to live anymore. I want you to describe to me, what exactly happened?" The male servant had no clue why the general was so angry with him. He hesitated to answer his question, "S...so what happened was, I was cleaning the courtyard and I heard someone screaming. I came upon Miss Yuna and her cousin. It looks like the cousin had slapped Miss Yuna. I had no choice but to inform you of the situation. I also discovered this war slave that had the audacity to insult Miss Yuna. I believe that she may be a spy that could ruin the Kim Household. Please believe this servant."

The male servant kneeled on the ground with his forehead touching the ground. He trembled as the general glared down at him. Junho roared with laughter, "I can't believe that I have such an incompetent servant in our household." He turned to Yuna and asked, "Is what the male servant said true? Did you slap Haemi?"

Yuna shook her head, "No, I didn't." Haemi immediately grew frustrated and began wailing, "She's lying, uncle. She clearly slapped my face because she didn't want me around. I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to be friends, but she treated me like I am not family. I cannot let this slide. She shows so much disrespect for my family. I've never been disrespected to this extent. Please, uncle, believe me."

Junho felt the throbbing headache once more when Haemi began wailing loudly. He wanted to shut her up badly, but he couldn't afford to offend Haemi so openly. He turned to Yuna and asked, "Is she speaking the truth? Did you disrespect her family?"

Yuna's expression remained unfazed, "Father, you should already know that I'm not that sort of person. I don't have a reason to disrespect her family. You do know that this is the first time I've met her, right? I do have to admit that I don't find her to be someone I could get along with. She insulted Sun and called her trash for being a war slave. I don't need to be friends with someone that treats Sun horribly. I'd also like for you to observe the situation carefully. Do you see marks on Haemi's face?"

Junho observed Haemi's face to see if there were any marks left on her face. Haemi became flustered and tried to cover her cheek. She quickly explained, "Uncle, there is no way a slap can actually leave a mark. She didn't hit me that hard. She's lying."

Junho laughed, "If she didn't hit you that hard, I don't think there should be any problem, right?" Haemi couldn't control her emotions and her angered expression revealed itself. "I can't believe this! Aren't you afraid of what I will say to my parents?"

Haemi was planning on staying in the residence, but if she chose to stay, she would be in trouble. She had no choice but to escape the situation. She gathered her dress in her hands and turned towards the exit. She glared at Yuna and the general, "Just watch, I will get revenge for how I was treated today." She hurriedly ran out of their residence with her tail between her legs.

After Haemi left, Junho glared down at the trembling slave and ordered his guards, "Take this unloyal servant and throw him out of our household. I have never met a servant that doesn't even recognize their own master." The guards promptly seized the servant and dragged him towards the exit. The male servant cried out, "Master, I've done nothing wrong. Please spare this servant."

One of the guards smacked him in the head and said, "You didn't recognize Miss Yuna and stood up for her cousin instead. You dare to say

that you didn't do anything wrong?" The male servant instantly regretted jumping to conclusions. How could he have known that the girl dressed plainly was Miss Yuna? He felt grieved by the situation. If only he hadn't listened to the other girl, he wouldn't have been kicked out. He grinded his teeth in frustration. If he had the chance to meet that girl again, he would surely skin her alive!