Chapter 26

Minho was interrupted from his thoughts when Princess Ara asked him, "Why did you get me a painting?" The eunuch was embarrassed to tell Princess Ara what the gift was but ended up telling her anyway. Minho laughed, "I just got you a valuable painting for a gift. You don't like it?" Princess Ara sighed, "Its not that I don't like it. I just have no use for it."

Everyone felt dumbstruck by Minho's stupidity. He didn't keep in mind that Princess Ara was blind. He was charming, but he was always lacking when it compared to Prince Jimin. His gift was useless, and the princess wasn't afraid to point it out.

Princess Ara never liked her second brother, Minho. He always ridiculed her and called her retarded because she couldn't see. He was good at hiding his evil personality in front of women and important figures. He didn't hide his disgust and hatred towards her and still expected to lie in front of his fans.

Yuna watched Minho's face turn red from embarrassment when Princess Ara humiliated Minho in front of everybody. She couldn't help but grin after watching the scene. Minho glared at his sister and returned to his seat in resignation.

All the princes and princesses gave gifts to Princess Ara. The gifts mainly consisted of dresses and accessories. The nobles also gave out gifts that were similar. None of the gifts stood out compared to the gifts from the Emperor or Prince Jimin. It seemed that almost everyone had handed out gifts except for Yuna.

Princess Ara seemed tired after going through the pile of gifts. She wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. Most people came to her party to flaunt their wealth and position. She didn't have many expectations for any of the gifts. She just wanted to rest in her palace before having to get married away to a stranger.

The Emperor saw this and asked everyone, "I wanted to make sure that there was no one else that had any gifts to give Princess Ara. If that is all, we should move on to the next part of the event." As the Emperor was planning on moving on, a little girl courageously interrupted him. The girl had a simple green hanbok on with little to no accessories.

The Emperor and the princes were only interested in what the girl had to give because she was seated next to the General. She must be the general's daughter. No one had seen the General's daughter, and this was the first time she had decided to attend an event. The girl wasn't a beauty, and she didn't stand out very much. It was no wonder that no one noticed her existence throughout the whole event.

The little girl straightened her back and walked up to the platform where the Princess was seated. The General had a doting expression on his face as he watched Yuna appear before the royal family.

Yuna bowed when she greeted the royal family, "Greetings to the Emperor and Empress. My name is Kim, Yuna and my father is the general and prime minister. I have not had the chance to meet you as of yet. I'm sorry for being absent for most of the previous events that has happened over the years. I would like to express my apology to the royal family."

The Emperor did not show any anger when he heard Yuna, "It's alright. I'm sure that your father was the reason for your absence. I've heard of how much your father dotes on you and it is not a secret to everyone that he is overprotective when it comes to his daughter. I'm curious as to see what you have prepared for Princess Ara."

Yuna nodded, "Many thanks to the Emperor for understanding my absence. I have prepared a gift for the Princess, but I hope that she will like it." Yuna turned and faced the Princess and bowed to her. She greeted the Princess the same way she greeted the Emperor and Empress.

Prince Jimin didn't have many expectations for the general's daughter. Jimin wasn't interested in any females and he didn't expect Yuna to be any different. He assumed that the general's daughter would gift some accessory or something that had no value.