Chapter 5

Yuna felt someone gently pat her back while softly humming a lullaby. She could smell a light jasmine scent that was coming from the person that held her. She turned her head to get a good look at who it could be. She was shocked to find out that it was her mother. Yuna never had the chance to meet her mother. Her mother passed away when she was only 3 years old. She barely remembered anything about her.

All the maids in the room cooed with awe as they witnessed the mother and daughter. The baby was so adorable and obedient. The baby stared at the mother lovingly and she wasn't crying obnoxiously like other children. They were in awe of how affectionate the mother and daughter were. If only her father could make it back to see how lovely his daughter was. He was out at war while his wife was busy giving birth to their child.
Her mother's slender hand caressed her cheek softly. "My child, I see that you are beautiful and wise. The way you obediently stay in my arms shows that you are wise. You remind me of her, your Aunt Yuna. I will name you Yuna after your auntie. In commemoration of how much she meant to me. I hope that you will become just like her."

Sena (Yuna's Mother) began to reminisce about her younger years when her sister was still alive. She used to be such a remarkable lady. She was loved by many for her beauty and intelligence. She shaped the way for many young ladies that were seeking a successful life. She oddly always had a way to help those around her.

Sena began to tear up thinking about all the times she spent with her sister. She was such a selfless person. She was a bit too selfless in her opinion. There were times when Sena wanted her sister to think about herself more often, but she never did. She always thought about everyone else except herself. Sena was forever grateful towards her sister, Yuna. She wouldn't be where she was if it weren't for her sister.

*****************************************************

During the autumn season, it began to pour outside, and many people scurried inside to avoid the rain. Sena had been standing outside at the lotus pond in her neighborhood when it began to rain. It was pouring outside and the leaves that had fallen from the trees had turned to muck. Her slippers were covered in muck and her hair was drenched from the rain. She was wearing a white light pink hanbok (Korean traditional clothes) that did no justice for her. The light-colored clothing had attached to her skin and became transparent.

She ran over to a tea shop to take cover from the rain. While she was panicking, she didn't notice a boy was in front of her. She ran smack dab into his chest. She looked up to find a handsome young man looking into her eyes. His long slender fingers worked to move her bangs out of her face. It was love at first sight! The boy had never seen a girl as beautiful as her. The fragrance that flowed from the slight wind reminded him of cherry blossoms. This scent was coming from her! She had round sparkly eyes and small red lips that were so enticing he could just kiss her.

At the time, neither of them knew each other's identities. They had blindly fallen in love with each other. Unfortunately for them, their parents were mortal enemies. The Kim and Yoon household were always at each other's throats; especially Yoon Beom-soo (Sena's Father) and Kim Daemin (Junho's Father).

Yoon Beom-soo was a general and the left prime minister during this time period. Although he had a high position, many of the nobles detested him. He was well-known for being a tyrant and a coldblooded killer. Although he was detested by the nobles, he was still valued by the emperor. The reason being that General Yoon Beom-soo was loyal to the emperor regarding keeping their nation safe from neighboring countries. His bloodlust was known to have been extreme to the point of being a psychopath. He loved the feel of blood on his hands. He also had a hot-temper that caused many to dislike him.