Chapter 25

The empress beamed with happiness when she heard Princess Ara's response. Her plans were accomplished fairly quickly. She knew that the princess would have no choice in the matter. It was evident that the princess would play into her plans. There was no way out of it for her.

After the empress and emperor presented their gifts, it was now time for the princes and princesses to hand out their gifts. The first in line was none other than Prince Jimin. Yuna wasn't paying much attention to the princes and princesses during this whole event. She finally paid attention to the prince that she hadn't met in her previous life.

Prince Jimin was only 3 years older than her, but he was already looking like a full-grown adult. His sharp features resembled a clean appearance that made him look like a male model. His eyebrows weren't as thick as Minho's, but that didn't make him look any less handsome than Minho.

At the age of 15, Prince Jimin was known as a heart throb that swept the nation with his prince charming persona. He had a bubbly personality that went well with his sweet and innocent appearance. Most of his fans were females that were obsessed. He was the perfect crown prince that had the good looks and the morality that went along with his perfect look.

Yuna wasn't particularly interested in the good-looking prince charming. He had some major flaws in his thinking that caused Yuna to hesitate when associating with the prince. He had a strong sense of justice when it came to his citizens. The only problem with this was that he did not see the true intentions of some of these citizens.

He was born with a gold spoon and he did not realize that the world is not a place made from rainbows and unicorns. The reason for his demise was because he was easily fooled by Prince Minho and the Empress. The Emperor favored the crown prince, and his position was at the top. Majority of his friends and admirers were frankly attracted to him for his position and his good looks. None were truly in love with him for his personality.

Yuna felt sorry for the guy. She could definitely understand his way of thinking because she was the same. She had met the same demise because of the same reasons. People were deceptive in the palace and she didn't realize any of it before it was too late.

Prince Jimin's smile beamed brightly at the princess and all the females, "Sister, I've been waiting to see your reaction after giving you my birthday gift. I hope you like it." The horde of females all cheered when the prince spoke. There were hearts flying in the air. As soon as the prince handed her the gift, she opened it to find out that it was a music box. Princess Ara was given a music box that was elaborately decorated with intricate patterns on the sides. She opened the box not knowing how beautiful it was.

A tinkling sound came from the music box that played a cute lullaby that was famous throughout the capital. Princess Ara gasped in awe when she heard the sound of the music box. She was stunned by how much her brother had genuinely cared for her. He knew of her difficult circumstances and got her a gift that could be used even without eyesight.

She was fond of her first brother, Jimin that took special care for her. Her brother and father were the only ones that genuinely cared for her. The only problem was that both of them were too busy to notice anything bad was happening in their own homes.

She didn't blame them though. It was hard to find out everything in the palace when there were countless brothers, sisters, concubines, and relatives that resided in the palace. The palace was enormous and there were too many things happening to know that she was being abused. She didn't care about the abuse, just as long as her brother and father were living well.

Yuna turned away from the scene to hide a tear threatening to fall. She couldn't watch anymore when she noticed the deeper meaning behind their expressions. She's too pitiful. She noticed the sadness that was ripping through her core when she saw Princess Ara's expression. Although she was smiling, her smile was not really a smile. Yuna could see the pain behind her smile. Not many people would be able to tell, but she definitely could.

Princess Ara could not even see her brother, but she still understood the compassion they had for. She didn't care that her life was pathetic. She only wanted affection from her family. Yuna was reminded of how much pain she suffered when her mother had passed away in the last life. The loneliness was clear in Princess Ara's expression.

She kept lying to herself about how happy she was, even though she was suffering. Yuna could see it all in just one smile. Sometimes she felt her abilities were a curse when she read people like books. She couldn't make friends because of this ability. She could not be friends with pretentious people and that was the reason she decided to be alone forever.

Yuna got lost in her thoughts for a moment, but instantly looked back at Princess Ara and Prince Jimin. They looked like doting siblings that didn't care about everyone else in the courtyard. If only Yuna didn't know how Princess Ara was truly feeling, she would believe in the lie just like everyone else.

Prince Minho interrupted their brother-sister time rudely by shoving his present in Princess Ara's hand. He was sick of watching the public fawn over stupid Jimin and his disabled sister. He could not stand that Prince Jimin was always the center of attention. He despised this stupidly happy prince that knew nothing about the world.

If only he was dead, he would have the crown prince position and no one else would pay attention to them any longer. He deserved to be the next emperor and he deserved everyone's attention at all times. He especially hated the fact that his father doted on Jimin more than him. He was always being scolded for his opinions. He felt irritated that his father didn't see his true worth. He was smarter than Jimin and he was also capable of ruling the world. Jimin was stupid and he only cared about pleasing people.

Minho swore to himself that the day would be soon. He knew his father was in poor health. He just needed to find a way to get Jimin cornered into his execution. His plans weren't going so well, because he hadn't had a chance to get Yuna to become his bride.

After giving the gift to Princess Ara, he turned to look at General Junho and his family. He was excited to finally get a face on the daughter of General Junho. When he heard from his attendant that the general's daughter was going to appear at the disabled princess' birthday party, he had to attend.

He would never be caught seen at his disabled sister's party if it weren't for Yuna's appearance. He looked at the plain girl in green that stood next to the general. He was greatly disappointed at the simple girl. She looked like any other girl off the street. Although she wasn't pretty, he was sure that she would fall for him in a heartbeat.

He decided to look her way with a heart melting smile. The female fans of Jimin were also secretly in love with Prince Minho and they couldn't help but fawn at the prince. The royal family was known for the handsome faces and unparalleled beauties. They were too excited to be able to witness this lovely scene of the two princes fighting over Princess Ara.

Minho raised an eyebrow when he saw the girl in green turn away from his gaze in disgust. There has never been a girl that has disregarded him so blatantly. Who was this girl and why was she not interested in him? He became interested in an instant after being ignored.