Chapter 15

The slave trader wasn't able to make more snide remarks because her father had him breaking out in a cold sweat. Yuna didn't have to worry about being in danger with her father around. Most people already knew about his reputation and his achievements during the war. There was hardly anyone in the country of Guwon that didn't know about General Junho and his frightening personality.

Yuna wasn't focused much on the scary looking man. She was too distracted by the appearance of Sun. She walked to the back of the line where Sun was located. All the slaves watched as Yuna passed by them nonchalantly.

She stopped at the little girl that didn't look appealing in any way. They couldn't figure out why she would be interested in a slave that didn't meet the requirements for an ideal slave. Sena became worried and she instantly gripped onto Yuna's sleeve to prevent her from walking any further.

She demanded, "Yuna, do not go over there. It's dangerous." Yuna pouted and pointed at the little girl in the back of the line. "I want her to be happy." Her mother shook her head, "No, let's not get involved with these people any longer." Yuna refused, "I'm not letting them get away with this." She pointed at the ugly slave traders, "None of these people deserve to be treated like this."

Her mother instantly covered Yuna's mouth and whispered to her, "Don't say anything else. This is not the time or place for you to be saying such things about slavery. Our family could get into trouble." Junho could tell that the situation was turning for the worse. Slavery was long engraved in their society, and it would cause their family harm if they spoke any further about the topic.

There have been many cases where people were executed on the streets for speaking badly about the Emperor's decision to allow slavery. It was good that Yuna was stopped before she could anger the slave merchants and nobles. Some of the nobles and people of higher status had a hand in dealing with the slave markets.

It would also place the general in a dangerous position if his family were against slavery. Their position would instantly be in danger by the greedy men that seeked power. Junho whispered to Yuna, "Your mother is right. We should get going." Yuna shook off both her mother and father's arm and dashed to Sun.

She hugged the little girl with all her might. Sun was shocked by the sudden hug. She hadn't felt a warm hug in a long time. It felt nice to be hugged. She watched the beautiful noble lady struggle to get away from her parents. It felt nice to be needed for once.

Yuna pouted, "I'm not leaving until you save this girl." The slave merchant laughed at the girl. It seemed that the girl had an interest in buying one of the war slaves. He was worried that no one would want to buy such a frail little girl, but in fact she was the first one to hook a client. He put his best business smile on and approached the father.

He smirked, "How about I make a deal with you? I was going to auction her off at the slave market, but it seems that your daughter has taken a liking to that little girl. If you would like, I can make a deal with you and you could make your daughter happy." Junho was instantly disgusted by the slave merchant. He despised people that were like snakes. His deceitful nature could be felt from a mile away. Junho had came across many deceitful people in his lifetime and could easily tell from just one interaction.

Although the slave merchant was an awful human being, he still wanted to follow up on the deal. He had never met any person that could make Yuna hug them. He tried to get her to become friends with many people, but all of them failed. His only hope relied on this slave girl. He wasn't too happy about assigning a war slave as her personal maid, but that was the only option he had.

He put on a fake smile to appease the merchant, "I would be glad to make the deal. How much do you want?" The slave merchant grinned, "How does 100 gold coins sound?" That was a ridiculously high price for a slave girl that no one wanted. The merchant wasn't expecting to get a sale, but it was worth a try.

Her father unexpectedly handed 100 gold coins to the merchant without haggling. He demanded, "Since I've given you 100 gold coins, I expect to see her well dressed and bandaged by the time she arrives to my estate." It was normal for slaves to be cleaned up and handed to the slave master. It was also common for the slaves to get branded during this time. Yuna would not allow for Sun to get branded. Despite her father's orders, she still stood glued to Sun. She shook her head, "I'm not letting go."

Her father hardly showed anger, but today he looked like he wouldn't allow her to get her way. He pulled her arms swiftly and detached her from the slave girl. Yuna begged her father with all her might, "Is it okay if she comes with us? I don't want her to be handled poorly by these people. Please let her come with us."

Junho wasn't used to seeing his daughter beg so much for something she wanted. She hardly ever asked for anything. It was extremely hard for him to say no. His frightening persona immediately changed into one of a doting father. The merchants were shocked to see such a scary man turning into a big buffoon that was controlled by his daughter's whim.

He pinched her cheek and said, "Anything for my daughter. Why didn't you just ask me earlier? I wouldn't have said no." Yuna obediently stared back at her father even though her cheek was hurting from his rough

hand. He was used to wielding a sword and had rough calluses covered hands. Junho thought his daughter was the cutest daughter in the world. If anyone stepped up to claim that they had a cuter daughter, none would be able to defeat his beautiful daughter.

He urged the slave merchants to uncuff the slave girl. After being uncuffed, his personal guards stepped up and took the girl towards him. He watched the pale and disfigured slave girl struggle to get to their horses. Yuna noticed that she was limping, so she asked the guards to let her go and held Sun's hand.

She introduced herself, "Hi, my name is Yuna. I asked my dad to get rid of the scary guys. You won't have to deal with them anymore." Sun didn't seem to want to respond. She looked scared out of her mind. Yuna patted her back and continued, "I know you're scared, but after you get to your new home, you won't have to worry about anyone hurting you. Would it make you feel better if I promised?"

Yuna stuck a pinky out in front of her. Sun was confused, she hadn't socialized very much with others and didn't know what a pinky promise was. Yuna hooked her pinky onto Sun's pinky and said, "This is called a pinky promise. People hook their pinky's like this to mark that they will never break the promise." Sun had a tough shell, and she wasn't easily swayed by Yuna's promise.

Sun was used to making empty promises with her aunt and uncle. They promised to protect her after her parents died. That promise was easily broken after living with them for only a week. They treated her horribly and ended up selling her off for their own gain. Her uncle was the worst of them both. He had a disgusting habit of defiling children and Sun was the victim.

Her aunt grew cold after realizing her husband's infidelity. Her niece was the cause, and she despised the girl that was supposed to be like her daughter. She began abusing her on the daily. The residual feelings of familial affection were no longer evident.

She decided that there was no one in this world that would be on her side, but there was a girl claiming that she would protect her. She wondered when the day would be when she realizes that there is truly no one that could protect her. Surely, this girl wasn't just another liar.