Oᑎᗴ

𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙☃︎

My eyes darted to Luis as I strutted in front of him. I pulled my hockey mask down and stared into his devilish eyes.

"Ready to get your ass beat?" I mocked.

He smirked. "Only if you're ready."

A scoff escaped my lips. "Don't get so cocky, Mendoza. We're gonna beat you guys up."

"Stop the chit-chat! Let's play hockey!" A referee yelled.

I got back into stance and waited for the ref to drop the puck, my eyes never leaving Luis's. My jaw clenched and I finally heard the puck smack onto the ice. I pushed Luis out of my way, causing him to stumble backward. I snickered and claimed the puck to myself.

As I flew across the ice, I heard multiple skates flying behind me. I knew one of them belonged to Luis, he was fast as a jet. Bitch. My skates pounded on the ice as I rushed towards the goal. I shot it in with ease and heard the buzzer go off. Cheers erupted from the crowd as well as my team.

Luis shook his head and I lifted my mask to look at him, a smug smirk plastered on my face. I shrugged. "What can I say? I'm the queen of the ice."

His jaw clenched firmly as he huffed heavily in anger. I just scoffed and skated back to my team's bench. My coach patted me on the back as I took a sip of water.

"Nice job, Peterson." He gave me a thumbs up.

"Thanks, coach." I smiled.

My eyes darted over to Luis who was in the box next to mine. He kept sending me glares that looked angry, but there was another emotion in them that I couldn't read. I brushed it off and focused back on the game.

I was dripping with sweat. Our team won, ten to five. Easy-peasy. Luis looked pretty pissed but that just made me happier. His pain makes me happy. We all walked into our locker room and I was so happy to get out of this sweaty gear.

"You did amazing, Amelia." A boy smiled at me.

"I know." I nodded with a big smirk on my face.

He chuckled and waved me away. I finished getting dressed and stuffed everything into my bag. I picked up my bag firmly in my hands and exited the locker room. As I walked out, I bumped into someone.

"Watch it, Mendoza!" I growled in anger.

"Calm down," He scoffed. "It's your fault."

I gasped. "No, it's not! You're the one who came flying at me!"

We kept barking at each other back and forth until his coach pulled him away. "Okay, okay, okay, Luis that's enough. Remember, Ducks don't do violence, alright?"

"But she bumped into me!" He whined.

"I don't care." The coach shook his head. "Leave each other alone, got it?"

I put on an innocent face. "Yes, sir. It won't happen again."

Luis scoffed. "Can't you see that she's completely faking it?! She's not a nice girl!"

The coach just sighed and shook his head. "Have a nice night."

"You too, sir." I kept smiling.

I spun around and a devilish smile painted my face. Loser.

As I was scrolling through my phone, I stumbled across Luis's Instagram account. I thought I blocked him. My eyes rolled in annoyance and I decided to check his account out to, you know, make fun of him. I scrolled through his pictures and it was just a lot of hockey. His friends were in a lot of them but this certain one caught my eye.

He was with some blonde girl that looked pretty. I swear I've seen her before. For some reason, I felt...jealous. Why was I jealous? I don't even like the dude and I could care less about his personal life but...seeing him with this girl made me mad. I didn't like how close he was standing next to her or how his eyes sparkled with love. It pissed me off.

My door swung open revealing my happy sister, Lily. She had a huge smile on her face and I raised one eyebrow in confusion. "What's up with you?"

She sighed with satisfaction and fell onto my bed. "I just had the best date of my life."

"Wow, that's wonderful." I smiled sarcastically.

She sighed. "Can't you just be happy for me for once?"

"I am," I nodded. "I'm oozing with excitement."

Her face turned into disgust. "Okay, never say oozing again."

I chuckled and shrugged. "It's a fun word to say."

"No it's not, now shush, and let me tell you about my date." She smiled again.

I groaned and stuffed my face into my pillow. "I don't wanna hear about your stupid dates. You've already had a million boyfriends."

"Correction," She sat up. "I've had three."

"That's still a lot..." I mumbled.

She smirked. "And how many have you had?"

She knew I hated it when she asked me that. I glared at her. "None and you know that. I don't have time to be dating people."

She shrugged. "You'll find someone."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't wanna date anybody, period."

"Alright, well, let me talk to you about my night, okay?" She laid next to me.

I sighed but gave in. She thinks I hate it when she talks to me about her life, but I secretly love it.

author:
hey guys! I hope you like the first chapter so far! I do :) I don't know when I'll post chapters. I'll probably just post them when I feel like it lol. so sorry if I don't update for a while or something. I have had NO motivation to write. stay gold, lovelies💕
☁︎︎𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊☁︎︎

{2/8/21}