Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ

𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙☃︎

I finished getting ready and walked out onto the rink. They were all doing warm-ups and I knew I had to join. An annoyed groan left my mouth before I skated onto the ice. I zipped over to the coach and skidded to a stop next to him.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I asked scanning all the kids.

"Do whatever they're doing." He shrugged.

"Those don't look like warm-ups-"

He quickly cut me off. "And you don't look like the coach, so I suggest that you get out there and warm up."

I scoffed lightly but pulled my mask down angrily. As I skated out to the others, I kept my distance from Luis. I was so embarrassed. I, of course, didn't mean to like it but he probably thinks I did. Stupid Instagram. I was so deep into the thought that I didn't realize someone was zooming right behind me. Their reflection caught my eye and I knew it was Luis.

I had no time to react so I just stood there. I shielded myself, expecting him to pound me onto the wall, but he never did. He skated right next to me and I heard a chuckle escape his mouth.

"You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless!"

I growled. "I'm gonna kill you, Mendoza!"

I charged at him and shoved him to the ground. He grunted and pulled me down with him. I landed on top of him and stared into his hazel eyes. We didn't do anything except just stare at each other. It was awkward, but I kinda liked it.

"Alright, break it up you two!" Bombay yelled.

I snapped out of my gaze and put my angry face on. "Watch your back, Louie." I teased.

"Don't fucking call me that." He pushed me off.

"Louie, Louie, Louie!" I repeated over and over.

"I said stop!" He pushed me out of his way.

I burst out laughing and saw the coach skate over to us. "Guys!"

Our attention snapped to him. He sighed. "Listen, I don't know what the deal is with you two but you have got to stop this rivalry. I'm not forcing you to be friends but at least be a bit nicer to each other, okay?"

Luis and I looked at each other and I clenched my jaw. "Fine."

"Luis?" Bombay looked at him.

He kept his stare on me. "Got it."

"Good." Bombay clapped. "Now let's play some hockey."

I huffed and whipped my head away from him. I skated away and glared at the others, showing them to mind their business.

I felt two people plop next to me, one on each side. I didn't wanna look at them so I just examined them out of the corner of my eye. One had long brown hair and hazel eyes. The other one had long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Can I help you?" I mumbled while keeping my gaze on my feet.

"I saw what happened with you and Luis. Pretty spicy." The girl with brown hair said.

"Mhm, he likes you." The blonde one chirped after.

I shook my head. "No, he doesn't, I promise."

They both gave each other a look and smirked. "Yes, he does."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "He doesn't, okay? That's the last thing he would do."

"Well, I'm Connie." The brown-haired one put her hand to me. "And that's Julie."

The blondie smiled and I slowly shook Connie's hand. "Is this a trap of some sort?..."

Connie chuckled. "Of course not. We just wanna be friends."

This is super suspicious. Should I trust them?

"Um...okay?" I hesitantly mumbled.

They both squealed happily and started obsessing over me. "Okay, if you want Luis to like you, you need to show off your beautiful hair more."

Connie started playing with my hair, but I immediately yanked it out of her grip. "Ah, ah, ah, no. You said you wanted to be friends, not my wingmen."

She chuckled. "We aren't trying to be your wingmen, we're just trying to make your relationship with Luis better."

"I don't want it to be better." I snarled. "It's fine the way it is."

She sighed. "He does wanna be friends with you."

I scoffed. "As if."

"I'm serious! I can tell by the way he looks at you." Connie pushed my arm lightly.

I sighed and shook my head. "I would rather die than be friends with him. That's the last thing I would do."

They both sighed and I tried to stand up but Julie grabbed my hand. "Please? He's a nice guy if you get to know him and he's kinda lonely."

"Lonely?" I scoffed with a snicker. "He's a snobby high school jock. He's not lonely."

"Yeah, he is. Look at him." Julie pointed over to him.

I looked in the direction her finger was pointing to and my eyes landed on him. He was sitting alone drinking some water. He looked kinda sad, but I didn't care. I looked back at Julie.

"It looks like he's just minding his own business." I shrugged. "He's perfectly fine."

"Please, Amelia." Connie looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

I shook my head. "No, I don't wanna be friends with him. I'm perfectly fine on my own."

I stood up from my seat and put my mask back on. I hopped back onto the ice and joined some of the others who were practicing.

author:
what's up, guysssss. Idk what to say so um...hopefully this story is good so far. it'll get better soon I swear. also sorry if I get something wrong about hockey. I don't play and I have no idea how it works lol. stay gold, lovelies💕
☁︎︎𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊☁︎︎

{2/9/21}