Tᗯᗴᒪᐯᗴ

𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝟚, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☃︎

I decided to get a practice in before my hockey game tomorrow. We always practice a few hours before but I just wanted that extra practice time. I walked into the rink and heard two pairs of laughter.

One sounded like Luis's and the other sounded like a little girl. My eyebrow raised in confusion as I peeked my head onto the ice. I saw Luis there skating with a little girl that looked a lot like him. It was adorable.

Her eyes darted to me and Luis followed her gaze. "Oh, hey, Amelia!" He shouted with a smile.

I waved at him and he scooped the little girl into his arms. He skated over to me, giving me the chance to look at the girl closer. She had light brown hair, light hazel eyes, and cute little dimples on her cheeks when she smiled. She was like a mini version of him.

"Who's this?" I asked with a small smile on my lips.

"Oh, this is my little sister, Izzy," Luis replied.

"Hi." She smiled while waving.

I chuckled. "She's adorable."

She giggled and stuffed her face into Luis's neck. He laughed. "That's her way of saying thank you when she's shy."

"Ah." I clicked my tongue while nodding my head up.

"Um, Bubba?" She chirped.

"Hm?" He hummed while focusing his attention on her.

"Can she play hockey with us?" Her eyes glistened.

He smiled. "Of course. Why don't you ask her the same question?"

She looked at me. "Will you?"

I nodded. "Of course."

She squealed with joy and Luis set her back onto the ice. "We'll be there in one second, okay?"

She nodded and waddled away. I chuckled at her. She's so cute.

"So..." He piped up. "How was your break?"

"Pretty nice." I nodded. "How was yours?"

He shrugged. "It was okay."

"Hm." I hummed. "What was wrong with it?"

"I don't know..." He shrugged again. "You know how families can be during the holidays."

"Oh, definitely." I nodded.

"They just drown you in questions like, "Luis, how's hockey going?" or, "Luis, do you have a girlfriend yet?" He sighed. "It's annoying."

"It is." I nodded. "They always judge you if you aren't dating someone. Like, I'm sorry that I'm not interested in dating someone, you know?"

He swallowed. "Yeah."

"Um, anyway," I sighed. "How old is Izzy?"

"She just turned six on the thirteenth of December." He explained.

"Oh, wow." I chuckled. "You guys are birthday buddies pretty much."

He chuckled while nodding. "I guess so."

"Is she your only sibling?"

He nodded. "Yup, that's why she loves me so much."

"I can see why." I smiled while looking over at her. She was waddling in her skates and pushing the hair off of her face. "She looks a lot like you."

"I get that a lot." He sucked in a breath through his teeth.

"Bubba, come on!" She whined.

"I'm coming!" He reassured.