Puppy Dog Eyes

A/N: Before we begin I would just like to thank everyone for hanging on with me and this story. All of your kind words have helped me so much! I know there have been long waits with this story but I just want you all to know that I have absolutely no intention at all of ever abandoning this, it may take a while to get it all sorted out but it will be done!

I could hear Stella, or maybe even Mila let out another cry from somewhere in the house. They sounded so scared, maybe even as scared as I was right now.

With a jolt, I that they might not even know that I was in the house with them again. They might still think that I escaped...or that he caught me and I am dead.

Tears dripped down my face and onto the back of Gunners vest as he carried me away from his dining room and into the dark hall that I could not see even if I was facing forward.

His boots sounded like thunder on the old wooden floor, which only added to the levels of fear striking up within me. It was painful to be carried like this.

Thrown like a sack of flour over his shoulder. It was digging painfully into my stomach, and he could probably feel just how fast my heart was thumping right now.

The combination of the two made it so hard to breathe. A feeling like being in a searing hot room of steam washed over my body as the beginning of a panic attack set in.

My breathing had become fast and erratic now, practically on the verge of hyperventilation. I squeezed my eyes shut and hunched into myself as much as I could, causing my knees to sort of bump into Gunner's chest.

' Keep it together Y/N! Keep it together! you have to stay strong! You have to get your friends out of here but you can't do that like this! I screamed to myself in my mind, trying so hard not to lose it and start thrashing around. If I did I know I would lose and probably make him madder than he already was.

Perhaps I should have gone about this whole thing differently. Maybe instead of attacking him I should have grabbed his arm and tried to reason with him. Or maybe I would be in this same position either way.

Who really knew? All that could be known was that at the moment I was in deep trouble. I could not help myself! he was going to hurt my friends! I could not just sit by and watch him do it without doing anything!

I gripped tightly onto the back of his vest. Scrunching up the leather-like material in my fingers. From behind me, and his front, I heard him jingling a door handle.

Still carrying me, he entered another room and threw me onto a not so soft bed. It was like landing on a piece of wood. I cried out in shock as he crawled on top of me. One hand on my throat and the other still holding his blade that was gliding down the flesh of my cheek.

" I'm sorry! I did not mean to freak out! I just panicked!!" I shouted before he could completely restrict my windpipe. His chokehold on me loosened and the blade left my face, thankfully leaving no cuts behind.

He shifted back so that he was on his knees staring down at me. I too fumbled back, reaching behind me and gripping at the headboard so that I could hoist myself up into a sitting position.

This room, like all the other ones in this house, was equally as dark. I could only barely make out his face under the unnatural glow of his solid white eyes. After taking a minute to calm my breathing down I continued.

" I did not mean to make you mad or hurt you. I was just so scared. My friends are scared too, that's all." I spoke, trying to defuse his anger. As shown before he reacted positively to good mannerisms, so maybe if I apologized and explained then he would not lose his shit.