Pissing off the Quiet Man

A/N: Before we start I just want to say I hope everyone is safe and doing well with all the panic absolutely everywhere, Also you guys I have an unhealthy obsession with subway sandwiches, Imma go get one right now XD, Enjoy the chapter!!!

You sipped your hot drink and snuggled up tighter into your blanket so the cold morning air would not chill you too much. You ignored Stellas scolds about how you should be wearing shoes when it was so cold, but you liked the feeling of the cold being warded off by heavy blankets.

The sun was just barely above the horizon, casting a light orange glow over all the trees and the tents. It was a little blinding but you turned your chair slightly so it was not directly in your eyes. Being quick about it as the ground was cold and ignoring Stella's hard stare as you did.

You watched the steam rise up out of the styrofoam cup while the smoke from the campfire in the background made the team from your cup look like a little puff.

Jamie and Jeremy were whipping up some nice potatoes and a few other things for breakfast. Jacob was playing on a little Gameboy he brought with him while Stella, Lucas, and Mila were all deep in conversation.

You pulled out the book you brought with you and started to flip through the pages to find your spot. When you found it you let everything become background noise as you lost yourself in the pages.

When breakfast was done and everyone had eaten, it was delicious! You all gathered around the fire to decide what you all would do today.

You had all gone hiking yesterday, though you stayed behind to clean the grave and ended up getting the Fuck scared out of you. So you specified strongly that you would break some bones if you were left behind again whatever it was you guys would decide to do.

A good laugh rang around at your partial joke and everyone went through all the options. Jacob suggested a little hunt for some cool things throughout the woods. Jeremy suggested a nearby lake that he and the other two boys had found when they left you yesterday.

That sounded like a good idea, that would give you and Jamie a good chance to fish with the poles you had brought. Jeremy had most likely brought his as well.

A few other options here and there were offered up, but ultimately everyone decided to go to the nearby lake. Everyone packed the things they would be taking with them and set out. You walked behind Jeremy as he led the way listening to the underbrush crackling under everyone's footsteps.

You tried not to, but you found yourself glancing around the forest often, scared that you might see a figure watching you all in the distance. Lucas who walked behind you noticed this and patted your shoulder reassuringly.

" Its ok Y/N There's no one out there. No Boogyman is going to get you anytime soon." He said, and you nodded at him. Listening the back conversation between Stella and Jacob.

Eventually, you had all made it to the lake around noon. In all honesty, it was more of a really big deep pond, but it looked fun, and you even saw the flop of a fish in the distance.

You turned your head and wriggled your eyebrows at Jamie who had seen it too. Everyone else hopped in, though Jacob and Stella complained about the cold, while you and Jamie went around to the other side to ready your poles.

Hopefully, your friends would drive all the fish over in your direction. You and Jamie sat in silence, feeling nibbles every now and then but no real bites yet.

You had brought your book with you so you propped your pole up with some rocks and started to read. You made it a few chapters before Jamie started getting bites and pulling out fish like the pond was overflowing with them, all the while you never got a single bite.