Getting Spooked Breathless

" What a pretty name." You said quietly to yourself. You felt a little bad though, the poor thing was so overgrown with plants, you could hardly make out what it was.

You stepped forward as Jeremy helped Lucas up, frowning as some junk spilled out of his pack and onto the gravesite. He made no move to pick it up though.

" I'm freaked out now, let's get out of here," Lucas said with a shiver, brushing himself off and rubbing the pot he fell on as he stumbled away.

" Whoa whoa whoa hold on there Buckaroo." You said, and he turned back to look at you. You gesture to his trash that was left sitting on the ground in front of the headstone. " You just gonna leave this here?" You asked.

He shrugged at you and just continued walking back. You blinked at him and huffed. Unbelievable! a person was buried here! You looked down at Jacob.

" I'm sure it will be alright Y/N, we need to start heading back, it will be dark by the time we return to the tents." He said with an apologetic look behind his round spectacles before hurrying after Lucas. You dropped your jaw, where was the respect?

You looked to Jeremy but the meathead was walking along with Lucas, checking his side as a dark bruise was already forming. You placed your hands on your hips.

" Fine! I will take care of it, I will see you guys back at camp!" You called after them, they were already so far away you could not even hear them anymore. Jerks.

You turned to the mess, Geez! how many plastic bottles did Lucas have in his bag? It almost looked like a miniature dump now. You shook your head and got down on your knees. Grabbing all the plastics and stuffing them in your own bag.

You muttered to yourself angrily. You were mostly disappointed with Jeremy. You could expect this sort of thing from Lucas sure, and maybe even Jacob. However, Jeremy was very outdoorsy He was supposed to be against this. Though you guessed you could understand his concern for Lucas as his brother did land rather harshly against the stone.

You saw the mark it left even from a distance, he hit hard, he probably was having a bit of trouble walking. You gathered all of the things into your bag and zipped it shut.

You decided you would remove some of the overgrown plant life as you were at it, to make up for the mess leaving. You tore at the vines that tangled around the stone. Ripping the tough stems away that cracked and leaked green goo all over your hands.

Your grit your teeth and rubbing your hands against your pants to rid yourself of the slime. It looked a lot better now. You could clearly see the name now. It was stained green in many places, but there was really nothing you could do for that.

You stood off and dusted the dirt off of your shins, taking one last look at the grave, making sure you got all of the garbage before turning and going back in the direction that you came.

Not noticing the figure behind you, watching you from the trees with soulless white eyes. That trailed your figure silently as you walked back to the white water river.

You walked down the large rocks that created the riverbank. You let your mind take in the scenery on the other side of the river. On the other side of the river was a steep hill, letting you see somewhat down the other side that got more orange and sandy as it went.

There was a crack as your foot collided with something wooden and you jumped at the sound. You caught yourself quickly before you lost your balance.

You looked down and saw... a fish trap? It looked like it was made with regular branches, parts of it sticking in the water, and other parts upon the rock. You could see the tails of trapped fish flail around as they attempted to escape in vain.