The Quiet Mountains

" It's going to be ok Y/N, Locals like to scare new people, it happens all the time," Stella reassured with a smile as she drove her car up the mountain. You sighed and nodded.

" It was just so out of nowhere I guess it just really startled me." You chuckled, throwing a slightly worried look to Jamie who also smiled reassuringly. You went back to looking out of the window. Trying to get glimpses of the landscape to see if it was as beautiful as promised.

It was dark, however, so all you saw where the shadows of trees under the moonlight. You shivered as it was starting to get cold in the car. You zipped up your jacket and asked Jamie if she would reach behind her and grab your blanket, as she was closer to it than you were.

She grabbed it and handed it to you with a smile, to which you thanked her and wrapped yourself snugly around it. Reaching down to your bag at your feet to pull out your favorite stuffed animal that you've had since you were a little girl. You weren't super big into them but this was just one that you liked to take with you when you went long distances.

you cuddled the stuffed animal closer as you got warmer under the blanket. Letting out a yawn. You were getting tired. You had been driving for pretty much half the day, and a little more since you guys got lost.

" Are we close, I would like to get out of the car," Mila said, sounding just as tired, if not a little more irritated than you.

" We should be there in about thirty minutes," Stella replied. " They said they left a sign for us along the road about a few miles up to let us know which side road we need to take, after that its about a twenty-minute drive then we should be there.

Silence settled in the car for a couple of minutes. You listened to the hum of the engine and the sound of the wheels on the dirt road. Some rocks every now and then would flip up and smack into the sides creating a little clinking sound.

" How does Jeremy know of this place?" You asked.

" Well, you know how he likes to explorer, he just barely got a glimpse of this place on his way back from one of his trips and wanted us all to adventure it together." She replied, and you could hear the fatigue in her voice as she had been driving this whole time. You had offered to take a turn but she had declined. You had no idea where you were going and she did, so she soldiered through the whole thing.

She was so excited about this trip. She had voiced to you in the past how she was scared that now everyone was graduated everyone was going to become distant with each other.

You did not know if that was going to happen to your group or not, you hoped not, but everyone had to follow their hearts, even if it led them far away.

That's why you were hoping this would be a good trip, for Stella, you and all of your friends. In case this would be the last time you ever really did something like this.

" There," Jamie said so quietly you almost missed it. But you have grown used to her gentle tone. You looked forward, looked at where she pointed, seeing the little pirate flag on the side of the road next to a smaller, much rockier road.

Stella turned down on the road, and if it was not for the seatbelts everyone would be flying around with how rocky the road was.

" R-remi-n-n-d me-to-str-an-gl-gle J-ere-my." Mila's angry voice was getting cut off from how much she was bouncing around. You brought your legs up and snuggled more into your blanket, becoming a little ball to where only your eyes were visible.

"There was going to be twenty minutes of this road? Gee wiz Jeremy, figures you'd pick this road... or was it Lucas?" You thought to yourself, grabbing your stuffed animal under the blanket so it did not fall out and fly around until it smacked someone in the face.