New Area's

When you next woke up, you were not in the room. Rather, you were still in the living room. You were wrapped in the blanket like a burrito and you were laying flat on the couch.

Another tune was playing from the record player, but it was not a smooth dance song like last time. Some type of old-time female was singing. Like how some would on a stage in restaurants. A blues piano in the background of her angelic voice.

You blinked your wide eyes a couple of times, adjusting to the light of the room to get a better view of it. From flicking your eyes around you could see that you were alone.

Pale white light leaked in through the cracks of the boarded-up windows. Possibly moonlight and suggesting that it was night.

You knew that even though you were alone in the living room, your kidnapper was not too far away. You could hear a slight humming going along with the song sounding from the next room.

Coming along with it was the sound of boiling water and a metallic clank every once and awhile. This... this might be your chance!!!

You tried to sit up and your heart dropped as your body twisted against ropes. Restraining your limbs together and keeping you from moving very much.

You grit your teeth and swore foul language underneath your breath as tears beaded from your eyes. No, of course not. You had known before that your luck had run out. Why did you forget that now?

You would have tried to chew through the ropes, however, your arms were tied to your sides, you could not reach it.

You rolled around in your bindings for a second longer until you realized with horror, that you now had an audience. White eyes glowed at your bound form from the darkness of the other room.

You immediately stopped moving, staring at him with all the horror in the world. They never even blinked as they stared and stared and stared.

You retreated your head as far back into the blanket as possible. making your eyes the only thing visible about your body. You could not take keeping them open, even if you were looking away from him.

So you clenched them shut and hoped like a little child that the monster would disappear with the closing of your eyelids. As if he just did not exist anymore now that you could not see him.

You knew that was not true, however, you let your mind do whatever it needed to do to reassure you. You only opened your eyes when the fluffy white cat jumped up onto your restrained form.

She licked her lips before leaning in close, sniffing at your nose as her whiskers tickled your cheeks. Your eyes glanced over to where the eyes were and you let out the smallest sigh in relief to find them gone.

You turned your gaze back to the cat who gave you a small lick in the nose. It hurt because that was very sensitive skin and her tongue felt like sandpaper. However, it was still a bit reassuring.

She padded around on the blanket for a second before curling up on your stomach. Her body rising and falling as your breathed. She closed her eyes contently and continued to purr.

You kept glancing over at the doorway where you saw his eyes. Afraid that they would appear again and you would be stuck in its gaze. You took this time to move your eyes around the room, not moving your body in case the rustling sound attracted the madman again.

There were two dusty bookshelves against the wall that held the doorway you kept glancing at. Though they were all dusty as if they had not been touched in years. There was the record player too. There were spots on the walls that looked like they might have once held pictures, but there was none now.