Pushing On

Cold wracked your body, and you could do nothing but shiver helplessly against the other three girls in the room. You all were huddled together as close as you could be. Clinging onto each other to get as much warmth as possible.

A big storm was raging outside. The cold wind howled mercilessly and the old walls did nothing to shield it from getting inside the house. Lightning crackled and thunder boomed, sounding as if it was literally just right outside.

You don't know when was the last time you had slept. You had no idea how long exactly you had been in this room. It was hard to tell with no ways of seeing the sun or time. Your nerves were too high to sleep. Even to the point when you were almost drop-dead exhausted.

The cold also kept you from falling under as well. Freezing your nerves and keeping you shaking all night long. You kept your arms wrapped firmly around yourself, and your legs tucked in as close as possible. Huddling next to Jaime against the wall. Stella on the other side of Jamie and Mila on the other side of Stella.

Your teeth wanted to chatter so badly, but opening your mouth let the cold air in and made your teeth hurt. You kept your jaw tightly clenched the entire night long, not noticing until later when it was warmer the effect it would be having.

You had no idea if you eventually fell asleep, or if you just were not aware of the passage of time. When you came too, it was much less cold, still a little chilly, but nowhere near as bad as last night was.

The other three girls were still asleep, their chest rising and falling smoothly. They looked so peaceful as if they were in their own beds instead of trapped in a psycho's house, and speaking of the Devil.

You flicked your eyes up to the door and almost had a heart attack when you noticed your kidnapper looming in the doorway like a gargoyle, watching the four of you with wide eyes and an unreadable expression.

You could see the white flash of his pearly teeth from behind his pale beard as he held a sinister smile on his face. Exactly just how long had he been standing right there?

He took a step into the room and you flinched back, smacking slightly into the wall next to you as you grabbed onto Jamie's shoulders. The man stopped as he saw you react, staring at you in painful silence for another moment before lifting his left hand and showing you that he held some blankets in it.

He tossed them at you four and as they landed on the little bundle you were all in the other girls yelped in fright and sat bolt up. They also looked in the man with as much fear as you did. He turned and left. Locking the door behind him, but was back again before you girls could get over the shock.

He tossed a cloth satchel in the room much like the blankets, and some apples and old looking bread tumbled out and onto the floor. Next, he slid over a pan with some cups and water on it.

Then like before, he turned to leave, but Stella lurched forward faster than you could blink and was at his feet. Grabbing onto his pant leg as he looked down at her with wide eyes full of anger, surprise, and disgust.

" Please sir let us go! We're sorry for coming onto your mountain were sorry! we'll leave immediately, never come back and we not tell anyone, please sir for the love of God!" She cried up to him, having reached a breaking point.

You could see it coming, he clenched his fist, ready to strike her for touching him, but you quickly did something to stop him. Learning your lesson from last time where he so easily swatted you out of the air like a fly, you instead shouted out to him.

" Thank you! thank you for the food and blankets! they are much appreciated!" You cried out to him, and he snapped his head in your direction, anger still evident on his face. You jumped a little and quickly grabbed one of the blankets, wrapping it around your shoulders for emphasis.