04 --⇒ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You entered first, though to your dismay, only one group was there. And that group had to be... 

"Oh my God! Rin?"

You walked up to Rin and slapped him hard, making him wince and touch the part you had slapped. "You left me! You told me you'd wait!" You grumbled, not even waiting for an answer when you walked back to your team, who looked at you in utter shock. 

"Wow, Haru-chan, didn't know you had some history with a guy ~" Bachira teased, purposely singing the word, 'guy'. You chewed on your inner cheek. "Shut up, Bachira." Of course, the boy did not listen and smirked, "Look, Isagi! Haru-chan's hiding a secret." 

"Yeah. Now shut up." 

Isagi spoke up, "Wow, why'd you slap him?" He asked, making you sigh. "He promised we'd team up. Not really much important."

"You took too long." Rin appeared behind you, making you jump and shiver. "I took like I dunno, twenty minutes!" You said back, and you noticed that Isagi looked shocked. Why'd he be shocked though? 

"Tch. How luke-" 

"Don't you dare say the 'L word' on me." You glared at him. 

"Lukewarm." 

You kneed him in the crotch as hard as you can and you noticed the slight discomfort in his face as his hips twitched. He glared at you looking like he almost wanted to attack you but he knew it would let out your secret. "Tch." He muttered words you can't understand and he walked back to his team. 

"What's with that look?" Aryu asked him as Tokimitsu shared a confused look with the long haired. 

"A testicle demon appeared and kicked me on the crotch." Rin said, recalling your stories about that happening to a guy named 'Aki' though he didn't pay much attention. 

Ego's voice went into play and he explained the mechanics of the Second Selection, most likely to Rin's team. And since you knew this already, you just sat on the floor and closed your eyes. 

After he finished explaining, Bachira folded his arms and put them behind his head, "Just thought of it but these rules sure are brutal." 

"God, it's brutal out here.." You sang lazily, rubbing your chin as you stifled a yawn. 

"For now, there's no hurry to choose an opponent. What will we do, Isagi?" Bachira asked, turning his head to look at the raven haired. You raised your brow at Isagi as you heard Tokimitsu whining. Isagi put a hand on his chin and looked to the side. 

Tokimitsu whined about losing quite loudly, causing Isagi to avert his attention to him.

 "If we do this, we should go against ranks 4, 5 , and 6 right?" Tokimitsu asked, his hands covering his ears. "That'd be the most.. stylish." Aryu spoke, "And even if we win against those potatoes over there... I will not look beautiful at all." 

"Shut up," You heard Rin say. "It doesn't matter who the opponent will be. I want to just win quickly and go forward. You guys are here to meet the number too." He said in a cold voice and you sighed, 'this is why he can't get any friends.' 

After a long series of arguments, the six of you finally decided to take each other on 

While you slipped on your given jersey, you glanced at Isagi and Bachira. "I'm taking on Rin. Just do your best and shit, uh, strategize I guess? I'm sure number two and three are formidable since they made it this quickly so just prepare for that." 

You said before walking away, leaving the two shocked. 

 And maybe Rin also had the same thought. 

'I don't think any of them will be able to beat her/him. I'll do it instead.' 

-

"Haru, why don't you shower with us? We could discuss our battle plan." Isagi approached you, his towel hung over his shoulders. You didn't spare a glance at him and continued to gobble up your steak. 

"Uh, I'll take that as no, I guess?" 

No reply, and just the sounds of gravy pouring. 

Once Isagi and Bachira left, you looked at where they previously were and sighed. "Hm, I wonder if they find me suspicious." You looked at your finished food and curiously eyed it for no reason at all. You never got to eat steak at home, it was the simple instant ramen, korean barbeque that you'd gotten used to, take out. Having formidable football skills sure did pay off in this program. 

Your thoughts dwelled on your parents- not that you cared. They'd probably be drowning in their drinking habits. And your mom! Oh, your mom. You were suddenly met with a surge of embarrassment because your mom was a prostitute at her age. 

"Well, at least they ignore me." 

It was better that they'd ignore you, rather than having to be shattered so many times because you were an attention seeker. 

Then you thought of your best friend, Nozomi Kamisato. Your rich, capable, shy, and main character type best friend. And to top it off, she has a pretty brother and a cute butler. She was still kind of course, and you deeply cared for her, at that. You wondered how she was doing, was school being a burden on her? Did she miss you? You hoped she did. 

Sighing, you slowly reached for the cup of water placed before you and took a long sip. "Ah.." 

"You'll lag behind if you miss the ones you've left behind." The voice was familiar and deep, much to your unfortune. Groaning slightly you craned your neck to glance at the source of the voice and silently applauded yourself at the recognition. Rin Itoshi, in the flesh. 

What did he want now? 

Rin looked at you condescendingly, yet you knew he was just born that way— or he just chose to give off that intimidating aura. "Are you gonna rub it in my face that you finished the goal thing before me?" 

He squinted his eyes at your question, "And do you really think I'd stoop that low? I'm just giving you what they'd call 'inspiration' or something." He stiffly patted your shoulder thrice, making you laugh at his attempt to cheer you up. 

"I'm not sad, Rin. Remember, everyone has to have that melancholic backstory moment. Thank you, though." 

"Well, believe it or not, I'm relieved. Now, I have to train." 

You smiled weakly at him and stood up. "I have to go as well." 

A/N: what is this y/n backstory 🧍‍♀️