10 --⇒ GET TO KNOW YOU

[ fully replaced. for those who read chapter 10 before, I apologize for the cringe. ]

super short, by the way! this is just you getting to know Chigiri and getting along with him, maybe find some similarities? 

"Chigiri-Kun, what music do you listen to?" You leaned towards him as you both walked towards your room. 

The boy hummed, "hmm, indie? maybe with a side of arctic monkeys." 

you chuckled, "alright. you've nice taste." Eyeing the food on the redhead's plate, then yours, you thought about what Isagi had told you after teaming up with Chigiri. 

"he's got knee injuries, cut him some slack." 

When you thought about it, you probably never would have found out until Chigiri would personally tell you. Or until Isagi took the initiative to. 

Glancing at his knees, you thought that you wouldn't notice of course! He was covering it up so well, and not only that, he was still quite faster than you! How could you have noticed when he had good reflexes and played exactly how Isagi had described him? You even thought his skills were worth praising. 

Finally gaining the words to ask, you cleared your throat, grabbing Chigiri's attention. "Hey, uh. Isagi told me you had something about your knee? How did you continue playing?"

"I didn't." His reply made you glance at him before letting out a sound of confusion. He smiled for a bit, then laughed. "Isagi showed me a sight I've never seen. A wholesome, genuine, victory. I'm only playing to see that sight- until my leg finally breaks. When it does, and I've had countless victories beside him, I think a good, long, rest is what I'd need." You could see the admiration he holds towards Isagi through the sparkles in his eyes. 

"Oh, wow.." You were simply speechless.

He then looked at you and smiled. "How about you, Haru-kun? You must have gone through a lot to accept going here despite the risks." 

Looking down, you sighed. "I.. wanted to get away, I guess. You know, family stuff? It's not too severe, please don't involve yourself much. At first, I didn't really like being here. I felt too.. on the top? I felt isolated from the others. Well, except for Rin, who talked to me and treated me like a human being rather than a saint who's just good at football. Then, I don't know. More friends, people who don't treat me like an alien. That's why I'm here." 

You were too focused on the discussion to notice that you'd both gotten to the table. Sitting down, you smiled at Chigiri before digging in. 

- [ behold... writer's block.]

"Rin's got his team of four, and he'll most likely be waiting for us. After all, he made a promise. Problem is, what do we lack?" You asked the two as you all sat and stared at the coming contestants for your 'who should we team up with' event. 

Isagi thought for a while, resting his chin on his hand before a light bulb lit up. "We don't lack anything in terms of need, but in want. I think I found our prey." 

Chuckling lightly, you turned your head to view who Isagi was looking at and you immediately found who he was talking about. "Seishiro Nagi. If I'm not mistaken, you played him once. He's got good tactics, but zero motivation." 

Chigiri also looked Nagi's way. "Isagi is right. Since we're not lacking anywhere, we should get someone based on desire. In our case, Nagi. He is quite the formidable character." 

The three of you immediately stood up and walked towards him and his partner in mutual understanding. 

A/N: So this was short but oh well 

[ proofreader's notes: it was so hard to rewrite this chapter what went to my mind writing this..]