〜 chapter 8 〜

Venti and Diluc, how the bard called him, exchanged a few sentences as Diluc asked about the whole situation that just happened. I couldn't blame him
I guess.

We explained that it wasn't us who stole the holy lyre and instead the fatui... well, kinda ironic, isn't it?

Venti also mentioned that Aether is the honorary knight that everyone is talking about the time.

"So you are that honorary knight...? Well, despite from being an passing traveler, you still offended you're help to Mondstadt in it's time of need... a shame you joined the knights"

The red-head spoke, looking at the blonde boy that stood close to my left side. Diluc than directed his eyes at me

"And you are?"

He asked with his husky voice, red orbs burning in my ( E/C ) ones. He was kinda intimidating but he also let me feel save in his presence.

"I'm ( Y/N ), a traveler from snezhnaya. I just came here a short time ago"

I said, not braking eye contact.

"I see"

He said.

After a moment, he closed his eyes for a brief moment and turned to Venti again.

"So, you didn't tell me you're reason to steal the holy lyre so far, did you?"

The red-head spoke, raising an eyebrow again.

"Ehe~ you sure you want me to tell you? It could be that you get involved into the some things with the knights of favonius and you didn't seemed to be on good terms with them"

The bard said, smiling at the man in front of him that sighed at first

"In the end, I'm always getting involved in there business somehow..."

He answered, closing his eyes once again before looking back up at the boy in green who just chuckled in response.

"If I tell you the story with a performance, will you believe me?"

He said, already holding his own lyre in his hand.

"It depends. I will make my own judgment"

Diluc said to him.
Venti seems a little bit excited.

"Then, will I get paid?"

He asked smiling.
The red-head just sighed once again before looking at the bard again.

"We say it that way: You're reward will range from anywhere between five mora and the holy lyre. It all depends on you're story"

He than said.

And with that, Venti started playing on his lyre and told the story that we already heard at the city.

...

"What did I just witness... this is confidential information. Why did you let me know?"

Diluc asked after Venti finished his story.

"Hmm~ perhaps the winds are changing.
What say you, Master Diluc?"

The bard said, laying his lyre back down and sitting on one of the bar chairs.

"Interesting..."

The red-read said, two fingers on his chin.

"Give me some time, I will organize some contacts...
Outlander, as one of the knights it seems like you're not a suspect. And the only thing known about the thieve is that he has blonde hair. You should be safe"

He continued

"As for the other two of you however..."

He than said, looking directly at me

"It would be better if you would stay in the tavern"

Not a second braking the gaze at my figure.

I nodded as Venti exclaimed that it is no problem because he loves taverns.

I slightly sweat-dropped at his comments, knowing that when nobody is going to look after him, he would absolutely drink like 60 glasses of dandelion wine... at least...

But it still was kinda cute how happy he was about that...

Aether seemed like he was still thinking about if he should go or just wait with us in the tavern but in the end, Paimon dragged him out to get some food.

Now it were only Venti, Diluc, me and a few other costumers that just came in.

I sat at the bar chair in the middle and had a glass of water in my hand. Diluc stand a few feet besides me and continued to talk to the man behind the counter as Venti played on his lyre in front of the few people that just came in.

It was a comfortable atmosphere until the door opened again.

In came a man with long blue hair and an eyepatch. A slight smirk plastered on his face but it seemed kinda neutral on him.

 A slight smirk plastered on his face but it seemed kinda neutral on him

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hope y'all enjoyeeed 🤍

And omg, thank you so much for almost 700 reads 🙏🤍

And pls-
I just made an Genshin acc on my ps4 because I was bored and then got diluc and keqing at my second 10 pull.... Genshin really went like:

"I let you pay for all the characters you want so much on your main acc but we give you these 2 five stars on a account you are not going to use much (*⁰▿⁰*)"

I cAnT

Anyway, hope you have / had a good day 🤍

~ Author-Chan