〜 epilogue 〜

( ok forget what I said, there aren't going to be two or three chapters, this is the last one. I don't wanted to make you wait any longer and put it just in one ᵃᶰᵈ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ, ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ, ʷᵃˢ ᵇᵒʳᵉᵈ )

Enjoy

„Im Fengyan, a Sergeant of the Millelith. I have come to extend my thanks to the Adepti"

The male that approached us before said, looking at all the Adeptus with a small smile on his face as I could clearly see the Relief in his eyes.

„I thought this battle would perhaps be my last. But thanks to the aid of the Adepti, our forces were not as badly battered as I feared we might be. Although I am a mere mortal soldier, I promise to hold the line and never betray the grace given to us by the illuminated Adepti this day"

He said as it was silent for a moment, Moon carver and Xiao seemed to think about his words properly as I slightly chuckled, smiling at the fact that the humans indeed, were thankful for what the Adepti did to protect the harbor.

As I heard other footsteps coming towards us, I averted my eyes behind the male Millelith as a little girl with shoulder-long black hair that was tied into two little braids — and a green dress, came into my sight.

She also wore black glasses and a big grin was plastered on her face as the little girl came over, seemingly happy and not the slightest bit worried or anxious because of the event that just played up at the harbor.

"Huh? Why does everyone look so down? Didn't we just beat that big monster?"

She asked, curious about the reason why the most of us didn't seemed that happy as Madame Ping then slightly laughed.

"Weren't you frightened, dear? It was quite the predicament"

The old lady asked as the girl in front looked slightly confused.

"Huh? Well, all the strong Millelith guards were here, and those powerful heroes with their visions were there... everyone was there! Why should I be afraid then?"

She asked, grinning at Madame Ping as she neared the end of her sentence.

"Thank you for protecting Liyue harbor! Please come visit us for the next Lantern rite!"

The girl then said, smiling from ear to ear as Xiao then took the opportunity to speak up.

"Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to participate. Because we're Adepti"

The Yaksha said, crossing his arms as he closed his eyes, the smile of the little girl slightly dropping.

"Oh okay... it must be hard being an Adeptus"

She said, feeling bad for them as then, Madame Ping held a talk again as the Adepti had a change of heart, accepting the change of Liyue and its people in the end as one after another left the boardwalk, so that Xiao was the only Adepti still remaining from the four.

"Xiao, aren't you also going to leave?"

I asked, wondering why the black-haired male didn't moved from his place till now as he let out a sigh, looking up at me again.

"Your proberly right..."

He muttered as he let his arms down again, looking forward and taking one step, not coming far as I took a hold on his wrist one more time, wanting to say one more thing as Xiao looked at me from the side.

"...Thank you, again"

I said, not really knowing why I had to say it again but I had some feeling that I hadn't the chance to do so for a long time now.