〜 chapter 24 〜

As the food came, Aether and Paimon ate it in a quiet fast pace since the traveler didn't ate anything since we left Mondstadt because of Paimon who ate all our food herself.

I was too busy admiring the view because there wasn't such a beautiful sight back home in snezhnaya. I ate a little bit of the Tofu time after time but as the other two had finished there meal already, I still had almost the half of mine.

Not gonna lie, the almond tofu was really delicious and I liked the sweet flavor but I wasn't really that hungry.

As I noticed that Aether and Paimon already finished, I decided to not let them wait any longer

"You don't need to wait for me, go ahead. I'm sure you guys are tired"

I said, smiling at them.

The male seemed to think for a moment but then looked at me and nodded. The two made there way to the room that Verr Goldet assigned them as I was still sitting at the balcony.

I looked at the plate with the Almond Tofu in front of me and thought that I maybe just eat it later. I went back at staring at the horizon, thinking about what the other harbingers might do right now. I'm sure they are already in Liyue and started there own plans.

I sighed, closing my eyes for a little while until I felt myself slowly driving to sleep, so I opened my eyes again to go to my room and get some rest but as I wanted to grab the plate of almond tofu,
it was... gone?

I looked around, slightly confused where the food was but there wasn't any sign of it so I decided to just let it be

"Weird..."

I said to myself as I was standing up and made my way towards the entrance.

I could swear to Barbatos that I saw a silhouette of a person on the balcony in the corner of my eye as I entered the building but don't wanted to turn around since I thought it was just my imagination.

"I'm just tired..."

I said, now making my way towards my room.

...

The next morning, I was already up as the sun was rising. I yawned as I made my way out of my room to eat some breakfast and came to Aethers room first to ask him if he also wanted some but seemed like he and Paimon were still asleep since nobody opened the door as I was knocking on it.

I stepped down the stairs and saw Verr Goldet already standing behind the counter and approached her.

"Good Morning"

I greeted with a small smile, eyes half open since
was still a bit tired.

"Good Morning, Mrs ( L/N ). I'm sorry but if you are here for breakfast, it seems like our chef can't cook it for you right now"

She said, already guessing that I was up already to eat something.

"Oh, why's that?"

I asked curiously

"He said... he saw a ghost in the kitchen and refuse to go inside again"

The owner of the inn responded, sighing at the thought.

"Oh ok Ehm... would it be ok for me to make breakfast myself then? I'm paying for it, don't worry"

I asked since I was quite hungry. I mean, I didn't ate much of my food the day before and needed the energy for our way towards Liyue. Like Childe said before, I heard that there were many treasure hoarders around and you can't fight with no energy.