〜 chapter 23 〜

I was standing in front of the bridge that was leading to the entrance of Mondstadt, just looking at the Walls. I sighed, asking myself why I grew so attached to this city and it's people, now making my way towards the gate.

I entered and immediately made my way towards the tavern where I was supposed to meet up with Aether and Paimon so we cold leave as soon as possible. I got greeted by a few people that I knew by now and entered the tavern as I reached the building.

The first thing that fell into my view was the
red-head who was standing behind the counter and was cleaning a dirty glass. In front of him was the traveler who was sitting on the bar chair in the middle, drinking something, most likely apple juice or something as his little companion was floating next to him.

„Hello there"

I greeted with a smile as I approached them, waving as Aether and Paimon turned around, Diluc just raised his head a little bit and nodded as greeting.

„( Y/N ), you are here alread"

Aether said, smiling at me as I was sitting on the chair next to him. I chuckled slightly and averted my eyes towards Diluc

„Can I have a dandelion wine please?"

I said, smiling confidently at the male who just raised an eyebrow at me.

„Well, you don't seem to be in an age to be drinking"

He said, now taking another glass to clean it.

„Well, I actually don't even know if I am old enough to drink..."

I thought to myself. How should I know how old I was? I was just found one day, nobody asking about my age.

I just stared at the male while thinking but got interrupted by a familiar voice.

„You know, ( Y/N ), he doesn't want to give me some either. Really mean~"

I turned around and saw Venti who was standing there with his Lyre in his hands, playing a soft tune.

„Aren't you like... a few hundred years old?"

I asked, looking at the bard and then at Diluc.

„Yes he is but as I gave him a glass dandelion wine one time, he was already drunk after that and stole three other bottles"

The red-Head said as he sighed at the thought.

The bard just sheepishly chuckled at this and took the seat on the other side of the traveler.

„So~ ( Y/N ) when are you planning on leaving me behind to suffer from my loneliness~?"

Venti asked, completely over-dramatically as always as he laid the back back of his hand on his forehead and turned to the other side to avoid us.

„We are going as soon as possible. So basically, now"

Aether said as the drank the last bit of his drink and gave Diluc a bit mora.

"Huh?"

Venti seemed to be surprised at this statement and as the Traveler was standing up and I was about to do that too, he jumped over and hold be back, his arms wrapped around me like a sloth.

"Venti, let go of ( Y/N )"

Diluc said behind the counter, now putting the glass in his hands down.