〜 chapter 21 〜

As I opened my eyes again, I immediately set up from my laying position and placed my left hand on my head that was now aching due to the sudden movement. I looked around me and was met with a small room that had just a bed, in which I was recently laying, and a wooden desk with a chair that was placed in front of it, standing at the other side of the room.

The sunlight shone through the window that was to my right and as I looked through it, I could see the roofs of the buildings of Mondstadt.

Slowly, I laid back again, relaxing since I now knew that that before was just a nightmare. I wasn't dead.

I was a bit relieved and enjoyed the silent moment but little did I knew that this silence won't last long.

The door of the room, that was placed to the left of the bed, bursted open, revealing the blonde Traveler who was seemingly out of breath.

His eyes showed a lot of concern and worry, much to my confusion.

The moment he saw that I was awake, his expression softened and he now looked more relieved as before

"You're awake. How are you? Are you still hurt? If you need anything than just say it, ok?"

He asked one question after the other but after a moment, got cut off by another person bursting into the room.

"( Y/NNN )!!"

I immediately knew that it was Venti as he almost screamed out my name, running towards me and hugged me so tightly that I almost suffocated.

"V- Venti- I- I need to- breeeath-"

I tried to say, stuttering due to lag of air.

The bard seemed to remember that breathing was something important to do and loosened his grip before chuckling sheepishly, his arms still wrapped around my body.

"Ehe~ "

I smiled at the two before I remembered that there was someone who was obviously missing.

"Where is Paimon?"

I asked, looking around to see if she was just somewhere where I didn't notice her before

"She was frozen into a block of ice as we were attacked. Paimon caught a cold due to that and is recently sleeping to recover"

Aether explained as he was sitting on the edge of the bed. The bard was still hugging me and it seemed like he didn't planned on letting go any time soon.

As Aether said this, I remembered what happened a short time ago. Did Signora went back at the camp? What did she tell Scaramouche and Childe about my whereabouts?

I signed to myself, raising my hand to my neck to reach out for my chain since I often just fiddled around with it when I was overthinking.

But it wasn't there.

"Uh, do you guys know where my chain is?"

I asked the two males and Aether nodded and pointed towards the bedside table where the red crystal was laying.

I was relieved as I saw it since I almost thought it was gone or so and reached out for it.

"But it cracked a little bit as you landed on the ground..."

The blonde-haired boy said.

I looked at the crystal that was now laying in my palms and indeed, I saw a little crack.

"Don't worry, it's just a little crack. It's almost not visible"

I said. It really wasn't that much of a problem as long as it wouldn't break completely.