〜 chapter 38 〜

„stop! What's all this about?"

I heard a feminin voice ring through my ear and looked behind the two guards that were standing straight again after hearing the call of the female.

Behind the two men, there was a girl with fair skin and dark amethyst eyes. Her light purple hair was tied into waist-length twin-tails, topped by small odango-style buns resembling cat ears. She wore a pale lavender top with a high violet collar and ruffled dark blue skirt, layered under a deep violet overcoat. She looked kinda cute to be honest.

"Lady Keqing, these three strange people suddenly appeared. They seem to have designs on the Guizhong Ballista"

The one Millelith that wanted to attack us before, spoke to the purple-haired female who he called "Keqing".

"Who are you calling strange, huh?!"

Paimon scuffed, crossing her little arms.

"We were just looking for the way to the Jade Chamber, I think there is a misunderstanding"

I said, rubbing the back of my head as I sheepishly smiled at the other three in front of us as Keqing raised an eyebrow at my statement.

"Hm? You want to go the Jade Chamber? Who are you?"

She asked, taking a few steps closer as the other two guards went back to their positions since there were no need for them to be here anymore as the
purple-haired female was now here.

"We're invited guests, here to look for the Liyue Qixing! Who are you?"

Paimon then asked as the the so called Keqing in front, seemed slightly surprised at the pixie's statement

"Well, as it happens, I'm one of the Liyue Qixing. Keqing, the Yuheng of the Qixing to be specific"

She said, laying one hand on her chest before she continued.

"I know of you, ( Y/N ).  And Aether and Paimon... right? You're Ningguang's guests, aren't you? Didn't expect you here in the mountains"

The other female finished, looking at Aether and me.

"Wow... Paimon didn't think we'd meet some
super-rich big shot out here in the middle of nowhere, either"

Paimon then said, also slightly surprised about the fact that the girl in purple was one of the Liyue Qixing.

"I came here to investigate what happened here. The Guizhong Ballista has long been in disrepair, and yet it was fixed within a single night. These Millelith are just here to guard the scene, not to arrest anyone"

She said as the Traveler and I just sweat-dropped, thinking about the fact that we were the ones that fixed the crossbow because we were searching for a legendary "cocogoat" as Paimon just seemed to still think that there was some kind of trap but sighed after a few moments, letting go of the thought.

"Um, Lady Yuheng, might you have any idea why Lady Ningguang invited us to the Jade Chamber?"

I asked the other female.

"Please, call me Keqing",

(ᴺᴼᵀ ᴹᴱ ᴬᴸᴹᴼˁᵀ ᵂᴿᴵᵀᴵᴺᴳ "ᶜᴬᴸᴸ ᴹᴱ ᶜᴴᴵᴸᴰᴱ")

She said with a smile on her face as she looked at me.

"And I'd say Ningguang's purpose is to request that the saviors of Mondstadt take a more neutral stance... or at least, to not wholly side with the Adepti"

She said, the smile never leaving her face as she looked at me, who raised an eyebrow at her last words.

"We're not taking sides but... the Adepti want to protect Liyue as well"