〜 chapter 19 〜

I was on my way back to the other harbingers as a thousand thoughts ran through my mind.

Before I could leave Mondstadt, Aether stopped me and told me that we would meet up at the cathedral again to bring the holy lyre back, or rather the remains of it. It would be a good opportunity to take the gnosis from Venti after we did that, right...?

The way to my comrades felt like a million years but after a time, I could already see the ruins in the distance. I sighned deeply before I made my way over and got greeted with a happy Childe and an annoyed Scaramouche and Signora. It was all like ever.

I smiled at them, waving a little bit as Childe approached me

„Princess, there you are!"

He said, the big grin never leaving his face. I hesitated a few seconds but then opened my mouth to speak

„...I know who Barbatos is"

I said to the surprise of the other three.

Signora seemed to be relieved

„Took you long enough"

She said

„Who is it?"

The female continued, raising an eyebrow.

I had a stern look on my face, trying to act normal even if it hurts a little bit to betray a friend... yes Venti was a friend and i couldn't do anything about that. Just like all the others.

But my mission had priority, so I had to destroy this bound.

„He goes under the name Venti. He is a Bard and I accompanied him for a little while"

I said, directing my view towards Signora

„Good and why didn't you take his gnosis till now if you knew that he is Barbatos? Why did you came here again without it?"

She asked, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow again.

„Eh..."

I didn't really knew what to answer because she was basically right. I had no reason to come back first and then take the gnosis... maybe I just wanted someone else to do it...

And to my relief, the other female had enough of just sitting around

„You know what? I'm doing it myself. You are useless..."

She said, the las part rather silently since she knew that the two male harbingers wouldn't react nicely to this.

„You accompanied him, right? Then make sure to take him somewhere where not much people are around"

She said, turning around to make all the things ready

„We are going to the cathedral later to bring something back so after we left would be a good moment I guess... oh and it could be that another person could be there. A traveler with his pixie-like friend"

I said, pretty sure that when Venti and I would leave the building, Aether and Paimon would come with us.

I then remembered that Aether said something about leaving Mondstadt after our visit in the cathedral. He didn't exactly said where he wanted to go, or maybe didn't really knew it himself, but when he really wanted to travel further, then maybe he could be a help to us since he himself was searching for an unknown god.

„Signora. Could you... Well, could you act like you didn't know me when we are at the cathedral...?"

The female turned her head around with a slightly confused look on her face, same as Scaramouche and Childe who also were slightly confused about that