〜 chapter 42 〜

As we finally reached the ground again, it didn't take long for my two companions to made their may to the place that was marked on the paper, leaving me at Liyue harbor at my request.

"Hmm what am I going to do?"

I asked myself, wondering what I should do to kill time since I honestly hadn't really a plan on doing something special.

"Maybe I'm just going to see Scaramouche and Childe again? And even Signora..."

Honestly, Signora was just annoyed with my actions almost the whole time and so was I, but it was still strange to not have her around. Wonder what she was doing at that moment...

I quickly went over to a little restaurant on the side of the streets since Paimon said she wanted some food as I originally planned on going to wanmin restaurant to maybe see Xiangling and even xingqiu or Chongyun, who would maybe be around, again but it was pretty far from where I recently was and also, the bank was nearby my recent location and that was where I was planning on going anyway so it wouldn't make that much sense to go back and forth between whole Liyue harbor.

I picked some little things to eat and made my way over to the northland bank to meet with my comrades again, greeting the few Fatui agents that were placed in front of the building as I passed by.

It wasn't a secret that the most agents felt more comfortable in my presence, rather than in the ones of the other harbingers since the most were rather harsh and like Scaramouche, didn't liked it when they would even say a single thing to "improve" the plan that he already made up. I sometimes liked to work together with them, still not totally refusing my leading position, but still taking their words to mind.

Entering the building, I saw a few people, most likely clients, standing on the sides as they all discussed different things among themselves as there were most likely two people each standing around.

I nodded at the Fatui member behind the counter as she returned the gesture and made my way towards the stairs that would lead to the offices.

Walking up, there was a little hallway with two doors on each side and one of the end of the hall as I walked straight towards the last door at the end, knocking on the wooden door.

"Come in"

I heard a voice ring through my ears as I opened the door, revealing Scaramouche and Signora who both seemed slightly annoyed at each other before looking at who entered the room. The indigo-haired male stood in front of his desk as Signora was standing like 3 or 4 meters away in front.

Scaramouche's slight frown vanished as he saw my figure entering and I could see his lips curling up just the slightest bit, almost not visible.

"Hello there. Long time no see!"

I said, smiling at the two as Signora just seemed as annoyed as before, Scaramouche greeting back as he crossed his arms and leaned with his back against his desk.

"Any new informations?"

He asked as I thought for a moment before answering.

"Well, there was pretty much going on. I suppose you already know about what happened at the rite of descention... Childe somehow managed to get involved into the whole thing as well, but I guess you already know that either. We are planning a funeral for Rex Lapis right now and are nearing the end of the preparation, able to get to Rex Lapis body if everything is getting as planned"

I said, just mentioning the most important things for our mission right now.

"Yes, Childe told us about that one already..."

Scaramouche said, seemingly thinking about the whole situation. Signora was wearing a carefree expression, seemingly not caring about that too much. Maybe her own plan is just going well right now...

"Oh, i remember. Do you perhaps know why some of our agents are going behind the sigil of permission? What's the deal with it?"

I asked, remembering what was said at the Jade Chamber and curious about the reason why, as the indigo-haired male just slightly sighed at this.

"Yeah it seems to be a part of Childe's plan but the brat isn't telling me what his intentions are with that shit"

He said, annoyed just with the thought about the ginger-head as I looked over to signora who just shrugged.

"I don't know either. But I don't care at all, honestly. You should maybe ask him next time, dear"

She said as she was wearing her significant smirk again as she passed me as she went out of the room so now only Scaramouche and I were inside.

"How is it going...?"

The male then asked, rather quietly.

"Huh? I already told-"

"I don't mean the mission"

She said, slightly scoffing as he looked in front of himself.

"...with that...traveler and so on"

He said, cringing slightly at his own question.

"Huh?"

"Um, Well, it's going good I guess. Aether still doesn't know anything about my identity I guess... and he is a chill person, it's nice to travel with him and Paimon...."

I said, still not exactly knowing what Scaramouche wanted to know or why but didn't mind it anyway. It was maybe just his protective side kicking in as he was perhaps concerned about my wellbeing or auch since Aether still was a stranger to him.

"Oh... that's nice, ᶤ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ"

He said, the last part not really audible for me as I raised an eyebrow at him, not really knowing what to do now since he was just staring wholes in the air.

I then noticed the clock that was placed at the other side of the room and realized that the time flew by and I had to go to see Zhongli and the others soon.

"It's time for me to go again. But it was nice seeing you again! Till next time!"

I said, already running out of the room and I waved at the male and sent one last smile his way before making my way out of the building again.

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hello hello 🤍

Ok ok im sorry if there were any mistakes since I'm so tired rn and don't know if I saw all the mistakes I made so please correct me as always if you see some incorrect things here ( ̄▽ ̄)

And really, I thought I would be able to post a little earlier today... huh, surprise shawty, I wasn't...

Anywayyyy, I hope y'all enjoyed reading and see you hopefully soon 🤍

~ Author-Chan