Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

From a young age, death wasn't a surprise anymore. Death was pretty common. Everyday, I would see people die.

It came to a point where I felt nothing, even when my co-workers would die. People then started calling me cold hearted. I didn't care but my brother did.

"Hey Y/n... are you busy?" "Nope... why Bubu?" "Just wondering if we could talk a bit before you go out again." "Sure, I guess I have a bit of time.... so do you need something?", I asked as I watched him squat down to my level.

"Y/n, what do you feel when someone dies..." I furrowed my eyes as I heard this question. "What do I feel when someone dies? Am I supposed to feel something?", I spoke confused as he sighed.

"Y/n I'm being serious... you don't even feel the slightest sorry?" "Sorry? Why should I feel sorry that someone died, it's just death. It's not like I can bring them back to life—"

Just as I said that, a heavy sigh from my brother as I frustratedly narrowed my eyes at him. "Ok fine! Can you bring some back to life huh?!", I frustratedly huffed as he gave me one of his "charming" smirks.

"Yes, I actually can." "Tch... liar", I rolled my eyes as I punched him in the arm. "It's true though, it comes with my ultimate talent! I mean, it is the reason I'm always near the front lines and you're not", he snickered as I groaned.

"Oh my death shut up! Is this what you wanted to talk about before I leave!?" "We if you would let me finish, maybe I can tell you!" "Fine then tell me already, I'm listening", I sighed as I watched a simple smile come across his face.

"Look I know we don't have the same talents but we're related by blood so you shouldn't think that you can only manipulate people. If you try, you can save people just like your older sibling!" I watched as he gave me a thumbs up and pulled me into a hug.

"....that's the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen... I am not kissing random people...", I spoke with disgust as he tiredly sighed and let go of me. "Whatever, you get my point Y/n." "Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm leaving, bye!"

We had different viewpoints. We were different... so very different. From our talents to the way we talked. But the one thing that we both secretly wanted, was to be the other person. It was just a wish and nothing else, and I wasn't able to grant wishes. He was.

He was able to grant actual wishes. And I was only able to grant curses.
____________________________________

"Ghost-Chan..... Ghost-Chan wake up!.... Ghost-Chan I know you're awake.... Ghost-Chan if you don't wake up, I'm going to strip butt naked and—"

Before he could continue finishing his sentence, I quickly sat up and threw A pillow at his face. I watched as he fell down and crossed his arms.

"Y'know that isn't any way to treat your mentor Ghost-Chan!" I rolled my eyes as I heard his reply and immediately went back to bed.

A few minutes past until I felt the weight of the bed shift and a presence behind me. "Ghost-Chan... if you don't clean up this act I'mma have to punish you", Kokichi teased in a seductive tone as I got out of bed and started repeatedly hitting him with the bed pillows.

Once I was satisfied, I went to get the notebook and pen on the table and started writing as I once again sat next to the little creep.

'You make me hate mornings more than I already do.' "Awwww thanks Ghost-Chan! That's the kindest thing you ever said to me... I think I might cry!!", Kokichi dramatically exclaimed as he quickly calmed down and turned to me.