Chapter 7: Odd Sensation

"Baby, I'm dancing under your starlight to no end

"Baby, I'm dancing under your starlight to no end." 

-----

"Ma'am, it wasn't only her fault!"

Chaeri facepalmed. 

"Then whose was it?" the teacher demanded. 

"Those girls were making fun of us. She," he pointed at Samyraa, "Was just trying to get them to stop.

"And violence is the way to do it?" the teacher folded her arms over her chest, and Felix looked defeated. Chaeri silently watched, inwardly wanting to get rid of the drama. 

"I apologize on her behalf," Felix muttered. 

"You don't need to apologize!" Samyraa protested, "None of us are at fault except for those two!

"Oh, really? You know better than me, the teacher, now?" the teacher retorted in a sarcastic tone. 

Everyone quieted down at that. She paused, and then spoke, "Chan, get Samyraa, Felix, and Chaeri to the principal's office." 

"Why Chaeri, ma'am?" Chan questioned, and the said girl's ears perked up. 

"If her name is involved in all this, then she has to go with you too," the teacher sternly spoke. Chaeri sighed in defeat. She wasn't even going to fight her logic, knowing that the teacher considered her inferior anyway. 

"What about these two girls?" Samyraa questioned. 

"They'll be taken to the nurse's office." 

"Of course, of course," Samyraa muttered under her breath.  

"What are you waiting for? Go!" the teacher scolded, and as Chan motioned Samyraa to move, Chaeri held Felix's arm and dragged him along, with him questioning her on the way. 

On the entire trip, Chan remained awfully quiet, Samyraa fumed, and Chaeri wrote what the teacher had said for the two girls while Felix reacted in disappointment. 

Upon entering the principal's office, Chan knocked on his door, and the principal croaked out, "Come in." 

As Felix walked in, he saw a spacious chamber lit up quite brightly, with wooden furniture held up on a large carpet. The cozy-looking room was air conditioned, and in the middle of the colossal room sat one old man, wearing a welly-groomed black suit, with his hair neatly combed back and his shoes practically shining. 

"Good morning, sir," Chan bowed before him, and so did Samyraa and Chaeri. Seeing them all bow, Felix awkwardly bent his body too, looking puzzled. Chaeri stifled a laugh at him being adorably confused. 

"Morning, Chan. What brings you here today?" the principal asked. 

As Chan explained the situation in a summarized manner, Felix caught onto some words and vaguely guessed what he was saying. At the end of Chan's monologue, the principal turned to Felix and asked in Korean, "Did you hear what they were saying?" 

"Sorry?" Felix threw a word that he knew in Korean. 

"Sir, he's not a Korean language speaker," Chan clarified. 

The principal began again, "So you're all familiar with English?

The four nodded. 

"Lee Felix, am I right?" the principal gently asked, and the said boy nodded. 

"Did you hear what those girls were saying?

"No, sir... But I saw them pointing at us and laughing. That was a pretty clear evidence as to what they were doing," Felix explained. 

"Alright..." the principal turned to Samyraa, "You heard them talk about Felix and Chaeri?

"Yes, sir," Samyraa replied. 

"And you thought choosing violence was the best idea?" he crossed his arms. 

"It was a spur of the moment thing; and if I dare, it was my first instinct too.

"I agree. If I were you, I would've done the same thing," the principal calmly spoke, "But if you had taken a moment to think about it, then you wouldn't have landed in trouble.

"..." Samyraa didn't speak, so the principal continued, "If you had taken a moment to think over it and attack them with words instead of hands, then nobody would have sent you to me, and those girls would've gotten their share of pettiness. Am I wrong?

"I'm sorry," Samyraa finally let out, and Felix was practically admiring the man before them. Such sophisticated words from a person he was dreading to go to. 

"Since you've violated the rules of the school by raising your hand on the girl, I'll have to give you a mandatory punishment. However, I'll see by myself that those girls get the punishments they deserve.

Samyraa nodded in despair, and since Chaeri was standing next to her, she held her hand and gave it a tight squeeze. Samyraa looked up at her and saw a little smile, so she grinned as well

"As the listed punishment, you'll be suspended for about a week from the school. You can always as Bang Chan for the schoolwork that you miss," the principal nodded, "Dismissed." 

The four bowed at him again (with Felix getting the hang of it this time), and exited the chamber. Once out in the hallway, Felix turned to Samyraa, "Hey! I just wanna thank you for everything that you did for us. I know that it ended up with you getting a suspension, but I totally appreciate what you did for us.

Samyraa smiled, and they all had to admit that after seeing her hard exterior, her smile was soft and bright. It made her look ten times more beautiful. 

"Don't worry about that. I bet those girls wouldn't dare say anything about you guys," she laughed, making the other three chuckle as well. 

"Well, I'm Felix. Nice to know you," he stuck out a hand for her to shake, and she gladly accepted it, saying, "I'm Samyraa. Feels good to have a non-Korean friend around.

"HEY!" Chan jokingly protested, making everyone else laugh. 

Chaeri looked at them, who were laughing and having a good time. It was a scenario she had always dreamt of: to have friends she could laugh and joke around with; to feel carefree and casual with people without worrying how her disability was dragging her down.

And then her gaze went down to Felix and Samyraa's hands, which were still engaged with each other. 

She licked her lips, feeling an odd sensation arise in her chest. 

(a/n: 1000+ words? Oh wow. 

I know that it's been ten days since I updated this book, and that this chapter was kind of boring. But please, it gets better! Hang in there, you'll seethe fluff real soon! 

Thanks for reading! Please do comment and give me feedback!)