Chapter 12: Warm Hands

“To be in love with your constellations; that’s what breathes air into me

“To be in love with your constellations; that’s what breathes air into me.”

-----

Felix and Chaeri walked into the school, and the pointing gazes had died down. Everyone was busy minding their own business, and the two couldn't be happier. There was finally no finger-pointing and mocking laughter directed their way.

"I'm glad they're minding their own business today," the Aussie sighed in relief, and then giggled, "So much for being dull minded."

Chaeri laughed silently, and then drew out her notepad and penned down: tell me about it! Peace of mind has no place in this school!

Felix chuckled, "Now that I've seen it, I do believe you."

She wrote down: you didn't believe me before? :(

"I d-did! I didn't mean to-"

He read: relax! I'm kidding!

Chaeri teasingly laughed, and he pouted, "Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want! Someday, I won't be fooled anymore, and you'll regret teasing me now!"

She chuckled inaudibly, writing: sureee! I'll definitely regret!

"Stop it!"

"Oh, hi, Felix!" Came Bang Chan's voice from across the hall, as he approached the two laughing in the hallway. As soon as he reached, he added, "Hi Chaeri!"

She hesitantly nodded to his greeting, not used to the polite manner of greetings from her peers. She hadn't talked to Chan before, and even though she had heard from others — as well as from Felix — that he was friendly and kind, she wasn't ready to accept that there were such sweet people in her school.

Chan, however, drew out his hand for her to shake, and she stared at him in bewilderment. Was he initiating friendship...?

"Let's be friends? You seem nice, and my fellow Aussie brother seems to really like you-"

"Hey, Chan!" Felix was quite unsuccessful in shutting him up, because the thought had been spilled out pretty conveniently. The freckled boy blushed crimson, and Chaeri's eyes widened.

"Oh, uh," Chan fumbled with his words, "I meant as a friend!"

Chaeri's mouth formed an 'o', and Felix sighed. She then gladly shook Chan's hand, smiling brightly, a little redness on her cheeks from the previous statement.

"This clearly made things awkward," the freckled one nervously laughed, "Anyways, we'll get going- hold up, what's the time?"

"It's 9:17 AM. Oh, shit! We're late for the class!" Chan was alarmed, and so were the other two. The three sprinted across the almost-empty hallways to crash into their class, but right before the door to the chamber, Chaeri halted.

It was chemistry class — and their teacher was pretty condescending towards her, to say the least. She didn't want him to insult her more than he already did, and her breathing quickened.

Felix, who stood beside her, paused as well and asked, "What's the matter?"

She shook her head, peeking in through the window, watching Chan get scolded by the teacher. Felix, upon realizing what could possibly be her issue, made a knowing face.

His hands, swinging on his sides, automatically found hers, and she flinched when she felt his fingers intertwining with hers. His small, soft hands were the perfect fit for hers, as if the two hands were meant to find each other and connect.

Felix's hands were warm, and she realised that his smile and words were as warm as those hands. She felt protected and safe with him, like those hands were the perfect reassurance for all her problems.

"It'll be okay, I promise," he whispered to her, showing her a small smile, and she gave him a tight-lipped grin and nodded.

Chaeri inhaled and exhaled, and holding hands with Felix, she swung open the door and entered together.

"Ah, if it isn't Yang Chaeri again," the teacher clicked his tongue, "Causing unnecessary issues again. May I know why you're late?"

"Uh, sir," Felix tried in Korean, understanding most of what the teacher had said, "It was my fault we're late. She was helping me find books."

"Oh, really?" the teacher folded his arms over his chest.

"Yes, sir. Please give her punishment to me."

Chaeri's eyes widened as she looked at him, shaking her head at the boy. She wasn't going to let him take her punishment, of course!

The teacher, however, gazed at their locked hands, and sighed, "Oh, so it's a case of lovebird. Both of you, out. Now."

"But sir-"

"Get out."

(a/n: double update!! How odd is that wow

Did you like itttt? Please leave your comments to let me know!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)