Chapter 21: The Realization

"I'll wait for you under the night sky, under the undisputed glory of the twinkling stars

"I'll wait for you under the night sky, under the undisputed glory of the twinkling stars."

-----

And the next day, it was all too normal.

Chaeri sat with Felix on her window seat, but turned against the windows and faced Felix. He smiled as he said, "As always, your eyes look pretty. They shine the brightest here."

She blushed, and fumbled with her pen when she wrote: you always catch me off-guard with the compliments! Where do you even get these from?

"They're more or less natural. Gotta be real, you know?" he winked at her, and she giggled soundlessly, desperately trying to hide her blush.

-----

Samyraa walked into the school premises, and heads turned to look at her and whisper. Why, one might ask.

Because, for the first time in her to impress someone, she wore a dress to school.

It was an odd feeling - she didn't like wearing skirts or dresses, and having her legs exposed didn't really sit right with her; it felt uncomfortable. But, for once in her life, she could try to act girly and impress him. Although she knew it wasn't the way to his heart, what was so wrong in trying?

Avoiding all the unwanted stares and whispers, she reached the classroom he was supposed to be in. Fixing her hair and stretching the hem of her dress, she put on a smile and walked in.

But as she did, her gait slowed down until she halted.

Felix sat with Chaeri, both laughing and having the time of their lives.

That wouldn't really deter Samyraa, usually, but one look at Felix's smile, and she took a step back.

He looked much, much happier with Chaeri than with her.

She could tell from his wide grin - the way his smile was so wide and real, the way his eyes practically sparkled as he looked at her, the way his cheeks stretched upwards so much that his freckles squished together.

He was happy, and she wasn't the cause of it.

"Oh, Samyraa?" Came Chan's voice from beside her, "You look good! What happened? Did you have an epiphany last night or what?"

Samyraa cast a look at him, and he understood that something was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chan questioned, looking at the people she was staring at melancholily, and he sighed.

"You like him, don't you?"

"Huh?!" Samyraa defended herself, "No, no! W-Why would I like him?!"

"Because it's too obvious," Chan deadpanned, "Say, why did you dress up like this today? Or for whom?"

"I... just wanted to look nice..." Samyraa tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Uh huh?" Chan folded his arms and poked his inner cheek with his tongue, listening to her, "You want me to believe you when you're looking at Felix like that? I'm not a fool, Samyraa. You clearly like him."

She sighed, turning to face him, "Does it even matter anymore? He's happier with Chaeri, and that's it. That's exactly it."

"Why would you give up on him so easily?"

"I just want to see him happy. And I know, I know it's such a cliché move, but if Chaeri is the one he is the happiest with, then who am I to intervene? Just look at the way they're smiling right now. Anyone could tell that they're not just 'friends'... And that's okay, to be honest."

"So..." Chan flung an arm around her shoulders, "What are you gonna do?"

"Gonna go back and change my outfit."

-----

Felix and Chaeri laughed, and it was honestly such a delightful sight to see. The two were lost in their own world, having no care about the world, or any idea how people sometimes pointed at them and whispered on and on.

They were happy. Perhaps the happiest they had been in a long, long time.

"I swear! I had no idea that my very own sister would sell me out like that!" Felix added to the anecdote that he was sharing with Chaeri, and that breathless comment only made her laugh more.

Her soft hand automatically grabbed his little ones as she laughed, not even noticing how she did that.

Felix stopped laughing slowly, and something struck him.

Yang Chaeri, gorgeous as ever.

He noticed the way she laughed without holding back - albeit soundlessly, but that wasn't a problem to him - and the way her lips stretched upwards to reveal her pearly whites. And her eyes, that were clenched shut into tiny eye smiles, seemed overly adorable to him.

But it wasn't just the outer beauty of hers that drew him in; she had a heart of gold, and that was obvious by now.

"Shit..." Felix mumbled lowly, because realization dawned upon him, waking him up from his oblivious trance.

He really, really liked Chaeri.

(a/n: YES YES HEHEHEHE-

I an fangirlingshsgeksishsndnsls I love them so muchhhhhh-

Did you like it?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)