Chapter 23: The Date

"And under the cover of stars is our happy, little world

"And under the cover of stars is our happy, little world."

-----

Walking in the park, Chaeri felt the gentle breeze caress her and tickle her skin, and she smiled, feeling the late afternoon sun shine bright onto her, stamping a majestic golden across her face. With Felix walking beside her, she felt safe and comfortable. 

Meanwhile, Felix was tensed. 

Okay, so he liked her. What next? 

He wasn't an expert in matters of the heart; in fact, he was unbelievably awkward and clueless in terms of this field. All he wanted to do was to run away from there and hide in his dorm until he magically starts dating her. 

But that wasn't possible, was it? 

Felix gulped when he looked at her walking beside him, a cheerful smile on her lips and her eyes glimmering with beauty. According to him, she was a walking goddess, and she had no idea that she was. 

And at that moment, he felt like kissing her. 

He averted his eyes to the grass underneath his feet at that thought -- get a grip! 

"So..." Felix fiddled with his fingers, "I-Isn't the weather good today?

Chaeri nodded eagerly, and her endearing nod made him break into a smile. Everything she did was adorable for her, and boy, was he whipped. 

"Have you been on the swings lately?" he hurriedly added, and forming a small pout, she shook her head.

Then she drew out her notepad and wrote: it's been a while, but I miss the childhood memories related to it.

"Then let's make you remember those memories," he grinned.

And a minute later, the children around them stared at the grown-up couple dashing through the sharp wind on the swings.

Chaeri smiled so wide as she swung, her childhood flashing in her head, and she felt refreshed and recharged. Felix, on the swing beside hers, accelerated and turned to look at her as she was under pure delight. And looking at her like that, Felix shyly giggled, his face scrunching up in a loud grin.

"This is so fun!" he laughed as the two of them shot through the air, both merry in the swift movements of the swing.

Considering their situation in school, where they felt so binded to bring the laughing stock of the rest of the students, this feeling was new — the very novelty of being free and rushing past the rest, although they swung to and forth, was much needed for them. And, of course, to relive the childhood.

Halfway through, a couple of children came to them, complaining about how they wanted the swings, so the couple laughed and let them have the set. However, as Chaeri looked around, she saw a kid sitting alone on the benches.

She approached him, followed by Felix, and as she reached him, he looked up at her. Felix asked him, "Hey, why are you sitting alone?"

The kid, staring up at him, motioned with his hands: I'm sorry, I can't hear you.

Chaeri bit her lip, instantly developing a soft corner for him. In him, she saw herself, because even though their disabilities were different, they suffered.

Yet, before she could signify anything, Felix came in and motioned: That's fine! You're a wonderful kid!

The kid motioned: Really?

Felix smiled and nodded, and the kid smiled widely. And that smile, right there! The immense joy upon being genuinely appreciated, and that grin which spread slowly across the face — that's one of the purest forms of happiness.

Chaeri, on the other hand, was impressed. So Felix actually learned sign language?

He couldn't possibly be more considerate.

That's when Felix stretched out his hand towards the kid, and he held it, and two walked towards the set of swings. It was now empty, as they realised how dusk had now began covering the sky cover. Chaeri followed closely behind.

Felix sat the kid on the swings, and gently pushed his seat forward with him on it. The kid showed his pearly whites as the wind rushed past him, and his eyes glimmered with joy.

In front of the kid, at some distance, Chaeri motioned: are you liking it?

The kid eagerly nodded, and she smiled, watching as Felix chuckled along.

And that continued on for a few minutes, until the kid's mother walked in, watched her son have fun, and with teary eyes, thank the two of them.

"It's getting late, we should probably head back..." Felix thinned his lips, sort of disappointed that he couldn't confess to her at all. True, he enjoyed the time with the kid, but his inner inhibitions attacked him yet again.

Chaeri held his elbow and shook her head.

"Huh...?"

She breathed in and out, and knew that it was time to take him there. After all, she liked him, and she wanted to show him a piece of herself.

So she wrote: I wanna take you somewhere.

(a/n: HELLOOOOOO I DIDN'T ABANDON ANY STORY OF MINE

I just started with college, so I'm mostly tired. I'm sorry that I took so long :((

BUT did you like this? The next chapter will be up very very very soon!!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)