Chapter 8- Shots of Shots

So it turns out that this Brooke chick didn't like Natalie because the school picked her to run the papers over Brooke

So it turns out that this Brooke chick didn't like Natalie because the school picked her to run the papers over Brooke. She was clearly still very butthurt over this and probably too bitter to explore anything else on the newspaper team. Not that I'm complaining though, I wouldn't have wanted her there anyway.

It was after school on Monday, Cyrus had soccer practice, and I was working on some shots for the paper ahead of time. Part of the news release for next week's paper required me to take pictures of the soccer team, so I had yet to ask coach if this was okay.

I decided to wait until after he was done yelling at the boys and seemed more available, so instead, I took some random shots of everything else in the vicinity. This mostly consisted of some very decorative shots of some insects I found.

I held the school's camera up to my face and positioned myself in a crouched position. I needed to get an angle so that I could get these bushes as a focus, but still get the clouds in the background of the sky.

And just when I was about to click the photo, I saw Declan through the camera lens.

I pulled the camera away from my face and he smiled at me. "Hey," he said.

"Hi, Declan."

"Wow, that's the first smile I get with an introduction."

"Well if you want to ruin it so bad I can always-"

"No, no I like this a whole lot better actually. You have a nice smile."

Shut the fuck up, he did not just compliment my smile. Wait, hold the fuck up. When did I start fangirling over men? Control yo titties Rowena, pull it together before he notices you're flustered.

"So, what are doing here? Aren't you supposed to be balancing a ball on your toes or something?"

"Coach made me run a few laps since I knocked him over the head with a soccer ball."

"Did you try telling him it was an accident?"

He snorted, "Yeah, but it wasn't an accident. It didn't matter anyway, he still made me run."

He looked at the camera I had in my hands, "That's cool, you any good with that?" He reached for it and paused to raise his eyebrows, silently asking for permission to take it. I handed it to him, not missing the brush of his fingers against mine, and he flipped the camera in his hands.

"Good enough I guess," I replied to his question, "I'm taking pictures for the school paper and I need to ask coach for permission to take some of the team."

"Hm," he hummed as he closed one eye and looked through the viewfinder with his open one. He pointed the camera at me and looked at me through the lens. "And, this isn't just some secret plan to get ridiculously good pictures of me to stick all over your walls is it?"

"Or maybe it goes with my plan to frame you for a crime you didn't commit by using my ridiculously perfect photoshop skills." I clicked my tongue pretending to just realize something, "Oh darn. I suppose the plans not so secret now, is it?" I smiled innocently at him.