Chapter 32- Party Pooper

"So, what did Nico want from you?" Declan asked a little too casually

"Oh uh- he had a question for our physics class that we have together," I lied smoothly. My dad's a cop, obviously I had to be good at lying. Plus, Nico's secret wasn't mine to tell.

"Cool, cool," He said while nodding his head. "Did he get the help he needed?"

"Yeah, I guess time will tell," I said nonchalantly.

"So," Cyrus cut in from the other side of the table. "You're obviously not going to be grounded for your birthday, what's the big plan?"

"Your birthday is coming up?" Natalie asked, sitting up a little straighter.

"Yes, it is, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it this year," I said while giving an extra pointed look to Cyrus.

He always made sure I had a good birthday, which I was grateful for. Last year he invited half the school to a surprise party at his house while his parents were out of town. I'll admit, it was a lot of fun and people I didn't even talk to were there to wish me a happy birthday.

"I want to keep it simple this year. Just the five of us and a special bonding adventure or some shit like that." Having a big party was cool and all but I just wanted my day to be with these four goons I call my best friends.

"Sounds alright to me," Cyrus said, taking a fry from the large plate we ordered for the table. The others agreed and the conversation went on from there.

Of course, we were at the diner. It was the only place we could all meet up where dad wouldn't grill me about being grounded later. My manager Risa let me take an extra long break when they came around, as long as the diner wasn't too busy.

That, along with the free food, there wasn't much to complain about with this job. Watching Adam stuff his face with fries, I was confident he agreed too. I'm sure he would have applied for the job himself if he had the time.

"Hey, did you guys watch the new episode of Burning Bold last night?" Adam asked between bites.

"Yes, you mean the one where Sheila stumbled over Samson's dead body in the woods?" I asked him.

"Yes exactly! We both know who did it, don't we, Row?"

"Obviously it was Brandon," I said at the time he said it was Dimitri.

We froze and stared at each other. "You think it was Brandon?"

"You think it was Dimitri?" I asked at the same time.

"Of course it was Dimitri he's been hating on Samson since the beginning of the series. He's always lurking in the shadows and mean-mugging him everywhere he goes."

"Do we know what the hell they're talking about?" I subconsciously heard Cyrus whisper to Natalie in the background. I think she made a face and shook her head in response. Declan stared ahead at the both of us, completely wrapped our conversation.