Chapter 16- Okay Fine

"You're coming with us, Natalie

"You're coming with us, Natalie. It'll be a lot of fun, which is something I rarely see you do."

Being the leader and head writer of the school's paper made Natalie one very busy bee.

"You know when you mentioned hanging out with you, I was thinking more like shopping or a picnic date... breaking into the school with you and the boys is not something I can see myself doing for enjoyment," She replied, sitting back down at her desk to retype something.

"You make it sound like a crime. All we're doing is finding some easy places to sneak in and scoping the areas we can use for senior prank." We're going to ignore the part where it lowkey is a crime. I think.

"Yes but, what if we're caught? My mother is Asian, and I happen to find the idea of surviving at least until graduation very appealing."

"First of all, we won't get caught. Plus we'll have Cyrus with us and he's pretty good at keeping us out of any real trouble. Adam already knows a good place to sneak us in so it'll be a quick explore and we'll be out before you know it."

"You're asking me to put my trust in Adam?" She asked completely unconvinced.

"No I'm asking you to put your trust in me," I replied with the most innocent smile I could muster.

She took a quiet minute to think it over. She was saying she didn't want to go but she also seemed to be heavily considering it too. I waited patiently as I saw her gears turning.

"If you want to say no, you can. I'm not going to force you to do anything you're not comfortable doing. But, look at how much work you put in this paper week after week. You deserve to let loose a little, have some fun."

She smiled softly after a moment and gave her head a quick nod, "Okay, fine," She finally said, and after a quick moment of consideration she added, "But I'm taking my own car... For emergency quick-escape purposes."

I laughed at her genuine caution. "Okay, that seems fair."

She let it sink in that she actually said yes and I saw her eyes light up in the slightest. She just agreed to do something out of her comfort zone, and I could tell it excited her over all that worry.

After a moment of playing with her sleeve, she pulled it back over her wrists and continued typing.

"Aren't you hot in here?" I asked her. I had taken my jacket off a while ago and was now comfortable in my short sleeves. They must have bumped the heater.

She looked at me with a blank expression. "Oh," she said finally, realizing I was referring to her long sleeves, "No. I'm just anemic. Iron deficient. I have a heavy period, so it's a problem for me." Her eyes widened then. "Is that oversharing?"

"No, just plain old girl talk. My mom used to be anemic, so I get it."

"Natalie why is the printer acting up again? I don't know how you get it to work, but I need you." Lillian spoke from the other side of the room.