Chapter 56- Prom Night Pt. 2

Double update ! Make sure you're on the right chapter :)

Declan was still watching me. He knows I'm angry. When I catch his gaze from across the room, he's already heading towards me. But then I see Brooke and I hold him off. This was something I needed to do by myself.

Brooke is wearing a V-neck black lace gown that contrasted with her red hair. If she were a friend, I would have told her she looks good. But I'm not walking towards her right now to compliment her.

"I know what you did," I whisper in her ear. She startles until she sees me. "You're a different breed of fucked up, aren't you Brooke?" I say in a normal tone. "Don't think you're off the hook just because I'm walking away for now."

I leave her to her thoughts and that sliver of fear I recognized in her eyes before I turned away. I'm too angry to think straight right now. Whatever was going to happen if I stayed in front of her face would have been sloppy and I would most likely be kicked out before the night was over.

Declan reaches me before I realize how close he is. "What is it?" He asks. "What did she say to you?"

"You were right about Brooke," I let out. He looks right at her when he hears my words and then takes a step forward to talk to her himself. I latch on to his arm to stop him. "No, please," I beg. My tone stops him and he looks down at me. "I just want this one night to be normal. No more drama. Can we please just have this night?"

He nods at me and leans down to give me a second forehead kiss of the night. That small action calmed me down significantly. That's when the music around us slows down. The people on the dance floor are separating in pairs for this dance.

Declan smiles and holds out a hand for me. "Our night, Row. Let's go be normal," he says and nods his head towards the dance floor.

I feel like crying at how happy he just made me. I take his hand and let him lead us there. This was a distraction I needed.

Declan drops his hands to my waist and I hold him from his shoulders as our bodies begin to sway. I look up at him to say something but he's already looking at me so intently it sends warm feelings through my stomach. I forgot what I meant to say. He must know what he's doing to me because I see that same charming smirk from earlier.

Before I could ask him what his look meant, Declan leaned close to my ears and tells me something so low I barely hear him. "You're having my babies one day."

I made a noise and pulled away from him. Talk about a distraction. The look on my face only amused him more. He was testing me for sure. "Don't tell me that. What if I want ten of them?" I challenge.

"Works for me. That's one shy short of a soccer team, baby mama."

"You did not just call me baby mama."