Chapter 52- Four Hours

Declan's POV

Declan's POV

I should have known to come earlier.

I saw her walk off during practice. I think she ran an errand for coach because he was shouting after her, something about a red binder.

We were just setting up a new drill when I heard it from the locker room. It was a scream. The way my stomach tumbled to the ground was my body telling me that I knew it was her.

"Did you hear that too?" Cyrus had asked me, but I was already running.

I threw the door to the locker room open and I heard something fall. Actually, it was more of a slam. My mind went off with a million different scenarios, all of which caused my legs to pump faster.

I found two people on the ground. There was Rowena kicking and trying to crawl backwards... and then there was Jeremy with his hand wrapped around her ankle and trying to tug her closer.

Fuck that. He must have been out of his goddamn mind. The way they both looked up at me the same time told me I must have said something out loud. I didn't care, the heat of my anger was flowing everywhere.

So one second I was standing there and then the next second I was throwing Jeremey off of her, yanking him to his feet, and then slamming him against the lockers.

I understood it, the way Cyrus was barely able to hold himself back that one time this fucker was mouthing off to Natalie at the diner. I bet he used his hands on her too. I understood his anger back then, and now I understand it even better.

"Go ahead, Jeremey. You want to act tough so bad you can start with me." I brought him down at the same time I threw my knee up and knocked him as hard as I could in the abdomen.

He was on the floor now struggling to breathe right. I didn't fucking care, I barely gave him a moment to sit up before I threw my fist into his jaw. His head snapped to the side.

He spit out some blood onto the floor and looked up at me. "Give it a fucking rest, Declan. You saw what she wrote about me."

"I don't give a single fuck what you think she wrote about you, you don't get to put your hands on her. Ever."

I punched him again and went in for another one, but some arms came around me and I was being pulled back. It was James, some quiet kid on the team who was telling me to stop because coach was coming, and I would be benched next time I was caught fighting.

Again, I didn't fucking care. But then I saw Jeremey on the floor and his had this giant red mark on his neck like he was punched there too. I didn't do that.

It must have been Rowena. Of course it was her, that was my girl. And then I turned to where she was last but she wasn't there anymore. Cyrus was standing there, death glaring at Jeremey and I moved out of his way so he could get to him.