4: Pry Bar

Your ear had defended to the sound of Tulio banging his head against the wall.

You had laid your head on Miguel's lap when an apple fell on his chest.

"So, um," said Miguel. "How's the escape plan coming?" You glared at him.

"All right. Alright, wait." Tulio stopped banging his head. "I'm getting something." Tulio resumed banging his head and you shared a look with Miguel. "Okay, here's the plan. In the dead of night, the three of us will grab some provisions, hijack one of those long boats, and then we row back to Spain like there's no mañana!"

"Back to Spain, yeah?" asked Miguel hesitantly.

"Yeah."

"In a row boat?"

"You got it."

"I'm getting el no mañana," you said.

"Yeah, sensational," said Miguel. "That's your plan, is it?"

Tulio smiled like a madman. "That's pretty much it."

"Well I like it!" said Miguel. "How do we get on deck?"

"Hmmm," replied Tulio. "In the dead of night, we grab some provisions, hij-"

"Yes, yes," you interrupted. "We get that par-"

"Well what's your idea?" he shouted. "If you're so smart."

"You're the one that makes the plans," you replied, slapping his arm.

"Yeah, you're the one with the ideas," added Miguel. A horse above you neighed. "Wait, I have an idea. Come on, give me a boost." You and Tulio helped him up. "Hey, Altivo, you want a nice apple? Come and get it." Altivo approached the apple. "But you have to do a trick for me first. All you have to do is find a pry bar. A long piece of iron with a hook-y thing at the end."

"Miguel," said Tulio. "You're talking to a horse."

"Thank you for the clarification," you replied. "I thought it was a monkey."

"Yes, Altivo," continued Miguel. "Find the pry bar."

"Yes, find the pry bar," Tulio said mockingly. "He can't understand pry bar, he's a dumb horse. There's no way-" The keys dropped next to you. "Well, it's not a pry bar."

You kissed Miguel and picked up the keys. "You're right it's better."