19: Friends Never Say Good-bye

The wind pulled at your hair. You stood at the top of your temple with Tulio, looking out at the beautiful city. Everything was so serene. Your eyes gazed at the exit to El Dorado and you sighed deeply. 

You hugged Tulio and then walked back in. The boys were still not acknowledgingeach other and your usual role of peacemaker had fallen through. There isn't much you hadn't shared with them along the road. And through it all there was always another episode, another adventure. 

You found Miguels map and smiled at it sadly. You caught Miguels eyes and felt yourself tearing up. Then Tulio wrapped the map and ripped it up with a satisfied look. You glared at him. 

You watched them break the others stuff and 'accidentally' hitting each other. But who's to say who's right or wrong, whose course is braver run. All you know is that what the three of you had.. was over. 

The three of you stood at the steps, Tulio with his gold, Miguel with his Native clothes, and you with the ripped up map. 

"Friends never say goodbye," you whispered. You felt their guilty looks but you walked down, away from them. 

You hugged the chief, as did Tulio, and they all looked cheerful. It was horrible. The more you wanted to smile, the sadder you felt. 

You stared at the boat, magnificent and rich. Miguel appeared beside you and said, "Well, good luck."

"Yeah, you too," said Tulio. He walked away and onto the boat with Chel.

You petted Altivo and then hugged Miguel tightly. A tear rolled down your cheek. "Don't forget me."

"I could never," he whispered back. You kissed him and walked onto the boat.

You were walking up the steps when Altivo started freaking out and you turned to see why. There was smoke in the distance, explosions, and clattering. 

Cortes.