13: Without Question

Walking down the stairs, you felt a little... weird. Tulio had never stopped you before. Well, neither has Miguel. Why now? Was it Chel? Maybe he preferred Chel. Oh well, he was going to have to grow up one day.

You walked through the quiet streets. Quiet. Why was it quiet?

You quickened your pace and looked for Miguel. When you finally found him, he was saying something to two natives with spears. There was a scared native at his feet. Whatever he told the other two made them run off.

"What's happening," you said as you reached them. You looked down at the native. "Are you alright, can I help you?" you held out your hand but he only gave you his gold and ran off. "What's going on?"

"Tzekel-kan has been giving a lot of 'our' orders lately," answered Miguel. "He has the people scared."

You nodded and said, "Well, what did you do about it?"

"Told them to take a day of," he answered.

You laughed, "alright then, 'my lord.'" You curtsied. He smiled.

Then he frowned. "What happened with Tulio?"

"Some nonsense about not wanting me if I didn't mean it."

He nodded. "Anyway..." he looked down at some materials that were on the floor. He smiled brightly and showed you.

You sighed. "Fine." You were the one to make him all his instruments back in Spain.

Miguel began tuning it. You smiled proudly and then noticed Altivo, "There you are." You saw that he was trailed by three native children. You smiled at them and then Miguel began playing, a soft and happy song.

The children approached curiously. They had big eyes and shy yet wide smiles. Then more people began to surround you and Miguel. He played beautifully. Kids danced and one older man approached to inspect the instruments. Miguel handed it to him and he began playing it as well. 

You took Miguel's hand and whispered, "The more I learn, the more I see, the less the world impassions me." he smiled and pulled you along the streets.

You went to the lake and you splashed some water onto his face. He smiled and looked up at all the eyes that looked at you. They were smiling kindly.

You followed this one man to a type of game where you swung around a pole hanging by a rope tied at your ankles. You and Miguel smiled giddily and had your turn. While up there your mind was cloudy but happy. All seemed like a crazy ride.

Then, when the thrill ended, you went to feed some of the native animals. Miguel jokingly offered you some and you swatted him away.

You went to the river where you could ride a turtle across it. You tried to take in all the beauty around you. There was so much color here in comparison to Spain. Then you looked at Miguel.

"You know, Y/N," he said, smiling. "I'd believe in anything were it not for you. You show me, just by existing, that the only thing that's true is how much I love you and how much I love everything around you."

You hugged him. "I love you too, Miguel, without, question, you know that." you kissed him and then dismounted the turtle.

You helped some natives make a domino chain. Miguel had the honor of letting the first one fall. It satisfied you to watch them.

You went to find Altivo and saw some children playing with a ball. They were so cute, offering you to play with them. However you didn't want to play so Miguel did instead. They played in a court and you watched happily with Tannabok and the rest of the natives.