Chapter 34 - Bye Bye Dumbles

"I'm everything you can't control,"

Harry quickly rambled to Ron and Hermione about everything that happened.

"Yes Harry but you forget to Mention what Peeves told us about Riddle and his friendly pals," I said sarcastically before telling Ron and Hermione everything about what Peeves had told us.

"He sounds lovely," Ron said.

"And you say he showed you a memory of his? Showing you that Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione said gasping.

"It's not true!" I said outraged. "Hagrid wouldn't be gamekeeper if he had, he would have been sent straight to Azkaban!" I said.

"But Bella, Riddle got the special services to the school award and maybe they thought he was too young to be put in prison so they kept him here to keep an eye on him, it makes sense," Hermione said before wincing at the glare I gave her.

"It doesn't make sense at all Hermione! The other air is descended from the Gaunt line and the Gaunt line only. It's only the Jenkins and Gaunt line that's left connected from Slytherin himself. And Hagrid's from Neither!" I said my voice raising.

"Riddle is lying! It seems like he's a grade-A manipulator to me. And I think it's funny how you turn so quickly on Hagrid who we've known for over a year and a half. Who gives us advice and helps us when we're sad. It's funny how you turn on him for someone who not only we've just met but someone who Peeves described as a worse version of Draco Malfoy,"

"Think about it Bella," Ron said cautiously. "Hagrid loves animals now imagine how he was when he was just a boy. We know he probably didn't mean for it to kill anyone, he probably just wanted to get a glimpse of it himself,"

"You're being stupid and hurrying into something we know nothing about," I said dismissively. "You remember what we were told in History of magic, the Hier alone can control the monster. Hagrid isn't the Hier of Slytherin, his family line isn't connected to the Gaunts or the Jenkins- end of," I said leaving nothing up for discussion.

"Isabella right," Hermione said. "Riddle might have got the wrong person," said Hermione. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people..." 

"How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Ron asked dully. 

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," said Harry miserably. 

"And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award." Ron tried a different tack. 

This was a load of rubbish, the facts didn't add up and the more I thought about it the more Riddle sounded more suspicious. But as usual, no one was going to take my word for it.