Chapter 12 - Nicolas Flamel

"Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one apologized for making me this way." - Joker

Dumbledore had convinced me not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and therefore I had to convince Harry. I told Harry that his invisibility cloak needed to stay folded at the bottom of his trunk. 

On January First I was in the worst mood. It was my birthday. I don't like birthdays. Call me miserable, but I don't see why anyone would want to celebrate that you're a year closer to death. So I hadn't told anyone it was my birthday, frankly, they didn't need to know. 

The only person I had told was Peeves, which I regretted as I walked into the Great hall. A scowl immediately found its way onto my face. There was a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!"  banner hanging from the ceiling and Balloons were everywhere. I looked around and all the teachers looked quite confused which only meant one thing. 

"PEEVES!!" I yelled with anger. I heard a cackle and turned round to see Peeves with a party hat on. I scowled even more.

"Happy birthday, Sammy jr!" Peeves said with his signature, evil smile.

"I told you not to tell anyone!" I hissed angrily at the poltergeist.

"I know, I know, but I couldn't help myself!" He said cackling again.

"At least help me clean this up before anyone sees--," 

"Bella? You didn't tell us it was your birthday!" I turned to see that Harry, Ron, and the Weasley twins had just walked into the Hall. I groaned and put on a fake smile.

"Oh, It's not me, It's a different Bella, Ravenclaw I think," I lied.

"Ah, ah, ah. Don't lie, Bellsy, It's Your Birthday," Peeves sang blowing on a party blower, which made a loud sound.

"Stop it! Stop it! Shut up peeves!" I said swatting at Peeves, who laughed and flew out of the Great Hall. I turned back to the others who were looking at me confused. 

"I don't like my birthday, so let's not talk about it," I said shortly, I pointed my wand at the great hall and all the balloons popped loudly making many students and teachers jump. 

"Someone get that banner down!" I yelled at the teacher's table sourly, before sitting down to eat my breakfast. McGonagall came up to me.

"What was all the commotion about Miss Jenkins?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows at my behavior.

"Yeah? How come you don't like your birthday?" Harry asked me carefully.

"I just don't, Professor McGonagall can you please get rid of that Banner?" I asked quietly.