Chapter 13 - Norwegian Ridgeback

"Death is the only adventure we have left," 

Quirrell, however, must have been braver than we'd thought. Although I still wasn't sure who was after the stone,  In the weeks that followed Quirrell did seem to be getting paler and thinner.  Every time we passed the third-floor corridor, Me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione would press our ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside, I had also told Peeves to keep an eye on the third-floor to see if anything suspicious was going on. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which reassured me and the others that the stone was safe. 

Whenever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter. But I always narrowed my eyes suspiciously making Quirrell look away.

Hermione, however, had more on her mind than the Stone. She had started drawing up study schedules and color-coding all her notes with highlighters. I wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging me to do the same.

"Hermione, the exams are ages away," I said rolling my eyes.

"Ten weeks," Hermione snapped. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel."

"But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her. "Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it All."

"What am I studying for? Are you crazy? Do you realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me..." She muttered.

"I've already talked to Blaise about it and He agrees, you are all going to be unprepared," Hermione said matter of factly.  Ron and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes making  Harry snigger under his breath.

Unfortunately, the teachers seemed to be thinking along the same lines as Hermione. They piled so much homework on us that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. It was hard to relax with Hermione next to you reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood or practicing wand movements. I didn't really feel the need to study, all the practical things I could do annoyingly perfect, it was just the theory I had to look over but even then I somehow seemed to remember it all. 

I was starting to get bored of always being able to do things. I know what your thinking, but being good at something really isn't that fun, lessons were starting to bore me, all the other kids would look forward to a specific lesson or subject, but I would end up getting whatever we were doing right first try and then sitting doing nothing for the rest of the lesson. I started to feel like I did before I came to Hogwarts. Like I was still different like I wasn't like everyone else. I know Dumbledore knew what was wrong with me because he knows everything. I also know he isn't going to tell me anytime soon. I will just have to figure it out for myself.