Fourteen - Learning Curve

Jungkook eyed the thin line of light falling through the slit between wall and door of the restroom. He had somehow managed to put the door back up after he completely broke it off, trying to cover up the rotting bastard on the other side, so that Y/N wouldn't have to fall asleep to the sight of the dude she just killed.

That being said, as much as she tried to act like she was fine, it was clear that his companion was not sleeping well after all of this.

Naturally so, since she'd gone through more than a normal, friendly girl-next-door kinda girl like her should ever go through and now this on top of all had happened.

Of course she was plagued by nightmares, of course she was thrashing around in her sleep, whimpering and huffing, cold sweat stuck to her forehead.

He still vividly remembered the nightmares he had gotten after his first time or the agony his little heart had gone through.

To be perfectly honest, did the nightmares never really stop. But it was fine since Jungkook never slept much anyways.

After sometime of watching the girl thrash around helplessly he sighed, reaching out to gently drag her into his arms, where he hoped to somehow put her at ease.

He remembered the few times when they slept that close, usually when she was feeling cold (or he pretended like he was feeling cold, for reasons).

A small whiney noise fell from her lips, brows furrowed in her sleep and he pulled her closer, arms wrapping around her, his chin resting on top of her head, "Shhh." He made softly, hoping she'd relax somehow.

Quietly, he hummed a random melody he picked up somewhere, rocking her gently in his arms.

He waited, feeling her breath slow down, muscles un-tense until he finally believed she was getting calmer. He had no clue how much one can influence the dreams of another person from outside, but he could still try, right?

Soon, the only sounds left were her calm breaths, the creaking of the brittle house and the howling of the wind. When Jungkook closed his eyes, he could hear rattling outside, probably the faint steps of prowlers lurking around.

Today had only showed him once again how careful he has to be with her. She was just a young, inexperienced girl and had no chance by herself, not on the long run.

The fear he had felt when he thought the prowler got her had been like nothing he'd ever experienced: Never, in his entire life had he feared so deeply for the life of another person, never had he felt so attached to someone else before.

The mere thought of losing her was worse than the imagination of his own death.

When all of this apocalypse bullshit had started, he had felt good. Because now, he was a free man, free from the chains of his old life - a life he never wanted to go back to. No one was telling him what to do anymore, finally he wasn't anyone's dog anymore.

But when he met her, he learned about how selfish his delight was.

Not only that - he also learned what it felt like to care for another person. And fuck, did he care about her.

___

Y/N had been right when she had wanted to get a car.

It was slowly starting to get colder and colder and Jungkook didn't really want to learn what it felt like to travel by foot through the winter.

Damn Yoongi

If it wasn't for this fucker and his military girlfriend, they could cuddle up in a safe car by now and wouldn't need to worry about finding secure places to stay at.