Thirty Six - Chaos Is The Peace I Crave

The past year Minnie had gotten through hell and back, but seeing her little sister healthy and alive made it all worth it.

After the plane had crashed in their neighborhood she'd managed to escape the monster's grasps and had been pretty much thrown out of the house by the impact of the crash that was evident even streets further.

She had believed her sister to be dead, had wandered around aimlessly, numbly, until a group of rowdy old men - that all had a criminal record for sure - had picked her up and eventually gotten her to Jeju. 

It hadn't been fun. She's been molested, pushed around and mocked by them, but in the end she had gotten here with all her limbs still attached to her body.

"I- I thought the prowlers killed you." Y/N had mumbled into the crook of her neck, tears wetting Minnie's shirt.

"Prowlers?" Minnie had echoed amused, which had earned a laugh from the guy accompanying her little sister.

Ah yeah.

That man. Jeon Jungkook.

Tall, imposing and - if she was being honest with herself - menacingly scary. The scythe he carried around the entire time didn't help.

He had this sort of unhinged look on his face she'd seen on so many men in this refugee, overall pose and body language reminding her of that of a raw diamond - unpolished, rough and too quick to cut someone.

Minnie didn't trust him a single bit, but Y/N, for some reason, did. The older girl had made enough terrible experience with the kind of men that are able to survive these deadly times, that she wouldn't be as naive.

It was around four in the morning - a time where the refugee was usually wide awake - when Minnie made a move to protect her sister, "Come, let's go to our room." She gently pulled the younger girl away by her hand, fingers intertwined like she used to do whenever they were alone in town as kids.

"Our room?" Y/N echoed, clearly not catching on.

Minnie smiled, "Do you not want to share a room with me?"

As happy as her sister had been only seconds ago, did she look incredibly uncomfortable all of a sudden, "Tha- That's not it." She turned around to Jungkook, who didn't even bother to hide his displeasure. Again - scary.

Minnie didn't go through all of this bullshit just to have her sister taken away from her by some creepy scythe carrying freak. She wasn't blind - she of course saw how Y/N seemed to always gravitate around him, much like he did around her, how she seemed too much at ease in the presence of this man.

Generally, this was strange. She knew her sister as the shy, awkward little girl who needed years to feel comfortable around strangers- especially men.

She pulled on the other girl's hand again, this time with more insistence, "Then come."

Y/N looked weirdly alarmed, pulling her hand out of her sister's grasp, "I don't think I can do that."

Jungkook behind her smirked at Minnie with what she could only label as spite, hidden behind her sister's back.

"What? Why?" Minnie wasn't about to cover her thoughts behind pretty words, "Do you really want to stay with this creep? L-Look at him! As your older sister I can't allow that—"

"First of all- I'm not a fucking baby." Y/N cut in sternly, startling her sister into silence, "Secondly- I know what Jungkook looks like, silly. I've been with him the entire past year, I also know that I can trust him. Also..." She was back to this widely uncomfortable expression, leaning closer to her sister so that the others around them wouldn't hear, "I- I don't think I can sleep without him yet."