Nineteen - A Song Of Rice And Fire

"I'm sorry about Taehyung's rough introduction from earlier." Namjoon said, leaning back against the wall.

We were all sat on the floor, old clothes serving as pillows while Seokjin distributed rice into small plastic plates.

"We just have a little problem with our neighbors - thanks babe." Namjoon took a spoonful of his rice while Taehyung snickered next to him.

"Problem is one way to put. Also, neighbors sounds a little too nice." The sand haired barked out a bitter laugh, before shoveling rice into his mouth.

"Neighbors?" I echoed, "You mean the prowlers?"

"Prowlers?" Four people parroted in unison.

"That's what she named these ugly monsters." Jungkook provided uninterested, making Yeji look at him shocked, because this was the first time she heard him speak.

"Prowl- BAHAHAHAHAH." Taehyung wheezed, because apparently everyone feels the need to make fun of the name.

"Why? Gotta problem with that?" I glared at him, making him shut up - or try to do so anyways.

"No, no." Namjoon said diplomatically, "I mean- it is fitting."

"Exactly." I grumbled crossing my arms.

"So tell us about your troublesome neighbors." Jungkook picked up the topic again, surprisingly invested.

"Well," Namjoon started, "There are other survivors. Three of them. Initially, we wanted to work together with them but we had to learn the hard way that not all survivors are good people."

"Tell me about it." I muttered under my breath, making them look at me curiously. "Cannibals." I said, as if this would explain everything.

This seemed to throw Namjoon off a bit, but he caught himself quickly, "Uh- well, they didn't want to share Yongsan, so they started to fight for it and-" He waved towards Taehyung who lifted his shirt slightly, exposing a huge, nasty scar going over his right ribs up to his chest, "We ended up almost loosing one of us."

"They've been coming back to try and take us ever since." Taehyung said darkly, dropping his shirt back down.

"They managed to hurt you like that?" Jungkook blurted, as if he was convinced that this was a huge deal.

"Well, yeah." Taehyung seemed kinda pissed, as if he was embarrassed that they got him like that, "It wasn't my day, okay?"

Jungkook gave me a look and I cocked a brow surprised, understanding the intention behind his eyes, "You sure?"

My companion shrugged, then nodded curtly.

"Alright, it's your choice then." I looked back at Namjoon, "We'll help you if these guys come back. Whatsoever Jungkook's planning."

His eyes had said I can take care of it and I have no clue what he meant by it.

It was silent for a moment, everyone having dropped their rice spoons, until Taehyung snorted, "Sure Jungkook. You saw what they did to me, right?"

Latter scoffed, "You and I are hardly comparable."

I mean, he was probably right, but did he have to be such an asshole about it? Geez he's really bad with first impression and whatever.

"Jungkook's the reason we survived that long all alone." I said leveled, trying to back him up a bit.

"That's just not true, Chickie." Jungkook denied, ruffling my hair from the side, "I'm a dumbass who'd be lost without you."