twenty seven

"You need to be careful Mija," my father's voice echoed.

"Dad?" I said softly, "while driving?"

"That too ofcource," he laughed. "I mean your strokes," he smiled. I looked up at my father, he was painting a picture beside me.

"What is that?" I asked.

"A bottle," he smiled. I looked into his canvas and saw a small box of pills,

I looked closer to the Canvas, and put of no where a loud screeching noise filled the air. I yelled as I looked behind the canvas, a huge truck was driving towards us at full speed.
I tried to run, but my legs were trapped in a metal cast.

"It's going to be fine Mija, I'll see you outside," my father said, calmly.

The truck continued to drive towards us, until with a loud crash, I jolted up in my bed, covered in sweat.

I sat there panting, and wiped my forehead. My ribs were still a little numb, but my deep breaths caused a small momentary ache.

I picked up glass of water from the side table and took a sip, feeling it refresh my dry mouth.

One of my arms was still in a cast, as one of my fingers was pretty messed up. My leg was in a cast too. I could move the rest of me pretty freely, other than my ribs, which weren't physical restricted, but the hurt like a bitch everytime I tried to move.

I just sort of sat there for a few moments, before I picked up my phone.

Scarlett: heyy omgg Ryan asked me out again, what should I wear.
Scarlett: oh also, I think maybe if it goes well I'll just ask him?

She was going to ask him if they can be exclusive.

Me: oh!! Cutee yay, go for it🥰🥰

I then texted Ryan

Me: hey, you should buy Scarlett a box of Hersheys or smth for tn.

Ryan: oh? Okay, thank you.

Ryan: listen Jones....I wanted to ask her if we can be exclusive. But idk do you think she'll say yes?

Me: YES.

Ryan: fr?

Me: yes Ryannnn, ask her!!

I smiled at them,

Levi was out, he had a thing with his dad, and Jake had practice.
My heart then skipped a beat again when Aidens name flashed across my screen,

Aiden: hey, lmk when you'd like to start doing AP calc, Mrs.Holler asked about you in class.

Me: oh haha
Me: I'm free today,

Aiden: sure, 6 c'clock?

Me: okayy

*****
"I got 66.66," I said confidently,

"Uhm it's 73.5," he chuckled.

"Huh?"

He looked over at my book, "okay and since when is two plus eight equal to eleven?" He laughed.

"What?"

"Hayley, you know the stuff, you're honestly not even bad, you just make stupid mistakes,"