forty

"Tell me what she said to you Jones," Scarlett said,

"What who said?" Levi asked.

"Cassidy," Scarlett explained.

Jacob and Ryan looked up at me, as well as Aiden.

"Nothing!" I said,

"Jones-

Aiden looked back at his phone, and I scoffed, "she said that she thinks she can take me," I said,

"In a fight?" Ryan asked.

"Yup,"

"And?"

"Thats basically it, oh and that she slept with Asher cause she thought it'd get it me," I said , probabaly shouldn't have though.

"Well jokes on her, he sucks," Levi said, and I smiled at him.

"Aye, I'm ordering food, what do y'all want," Ryan asked.

We decided to spend the weekend at my house after the football game. Westwood hight won btw.
It was currently 7 in the night, Sunday.

I zoned out momentarily, trying to figure out if I had any work left, and surprisingly, I didn't.

"Jones, what about you?" He asked.

"Um," I said looking at him,"yeah, I'm not really hungry, I don't want anything," I said, turning back to my desk.

"You haven't eaten since lunch," He added,

"Yeah, somethings wrong with my stomach," I replied, zoning back out.

After a while, the food came and we put on a movie which was fun..other than the parts I forgot to pay attention to...but other than that.

After it was done, I decided to head out to the balcony for a while.

I looked out into the sky that was actually surprisingly bright because of the light pollution. It almost had orange tints to it.

"Hey," Aiden said from behind me.

I turned around and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry about Cassidy" he scoffed, and for a minute I thought he was talking my about their kiss. Then I realized that he didn't fucking owe it to me to say sorry, he was talking about my interaction with her today.

"Aha no she didn't scare me," I said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"Well if it counts for anything, I don't think she can take you," he smiled,

Ahahahaha yeah his cute little fucking attractive smile.

"Wow, thanks maybe after my leg starts working," I scoffed.

"Hayley, are we...okay?" He asked softly, after a small gap.

WHAT.

"What?"

"I don't know...I feel like you've been a little distant recently, you're doing fine right?" he asked.

Fuck.

"Uhm, yeah, why wouldn't I be," I said.

He frowned for a second, before his lips turned into to soft smile.

"Good," he said.

He stood beside me, staring out into the sky. He ran a hand through his hair, and when he put his arm back down, it brushed gently against my palm, and I felt a rush of electricity flow through me.