forty seven

Recap-

"Hey," Jacob said, opening the door to his and Aiden's dorm.

"Is Aiden here?" I asked.

"He's out, you okay?" He asked.

I bit the side of my lip. "I messed up," I mumbled.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He thinks I cheated on Asher," I said.

He frowned, "He's at the Stag, you want me to drive you?" He asked.

I sighed, "No no its alright, thanks though," I said, pulling away.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, yeah,"

"Well I'm sure he'll understand, you do t even have to tell him the whole thing. He'll belive you alright?" He smiled.

"Thanks Jake,"

"You want to do something? I'll be done showering in 20,"

"No no, I think I'm gonna sleep," I said softly.

He frowned. "Okay, let me know of you want to," he smiled, and pat my shoulder.

I walked back to my room, and sat on the bed. Damn I really miss Scarlett.

****

I was sitting on my bed, trying to distract myself with a movie, but my brain wasn't really allowing it.

I was currently about 2 am, I tried sleeping, but I didn't feel like I guess.

I heard a soft knock on my door and got a little worried.

If it was Cassidy, she would most definitely murder me and leave my body, and with my broken leg, I have no escape!

I hesitated before opening the door, but pulled it open, unexpectedly seeing Aiden, but he was all beaten up. He had a black eye, and really bad bruises all over his face.

"Hey..." I said softly, and next thing I knew, he pulled me into a tight hug.

He buried his face in my neck, and held me close to him, and my heart began to beat out of my chest.

"I'm so sorry," he said softly, as my hands slowly snaked around his neck.

"Hey, are you okay," I asked,

He tightened our hug a little for a second, before slowly releasing, and then he starred into my eyes, and frowned.

He cleared his throat. "I'm really sorry Hayley," He said softly.

"About what? And what the fuck happened to you?" I asked, my eyes lingering around the painful cut on the side of his forehead.

"Can I come in?" He asked, and I pulled the door open, "Yeah, ofcourse," I mumbled.

He shut the door behind him, and cracked his fingers, running his hand through his hair, "I was at the Stag...and Asher was there as well, he was super drunk, he told me what happened," he said softly, and I instantly got super nervous.

"What did he say..." I hesitated.

"I don't..think you'd want to know...it doesn't matter anyway...but he said that you never cheated on him...and about the.... party at Levi's house... last year..." he said, speaking awfully slow.
I looked at him, and his eyes were almost tearing, and I couldn't

"Oh..." my brain sort of went blank for a minute there.

"Uhm....so..you punched him...?" I hesitated,
Was it possible that he did actually care about me.

"I did a lot more than punch," he said under his breath. "But...yeah I guess so.....I..shouldn't have believed Cassidy, I should've tried to talk about with you," he said.

"No, no, that's okay..." I said, still trying to not fucking panic.

"So we're good?" I asked, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah yeah, I mean you tell me," he said.

"Hmm yess," she said, letting out a little laugh, and he smiled.

"Oh my god, you're like really bleeding," I said, looking up at my forehead.

"Ah, it's alright," he said, under his breath.

"There's ice in the fridge," I said, ponting over at the mini fridge.

"How'd you have one of these, isn't it not allowed?" He scoffed.

"Yeah, they never actually check," I said, as he pulled the door open, and pulled out an ice pack.

I got out a towel, and poured some water on it, as Aiden shut his eyes, sitting on the side of my bed.

"Jesus, what did he, Scratch you?" I asked softly, using the towel to clean up the cut.

He scoffed,

"Can you get the anti septic, it's in there," I asked, pointing at a shelf above the window, and putting th damp towel away.

I would struggle to reach it with my broken leg, I sighed.

"Uh..that's alright, it's not that bad," he said, referring to his injured self.

"It'll get infected," I mumbled, and he got out the box soon after.

I took a swab of cotton, and poured some anti septic on it, before gently tapping the cut on his forehead.

"Jesus fuck," He flinched, and I let out a small chuckle.

"Shut up," he mumbled, as I held his chin losely in my hand.

"Stop moving," I said softly.

"OUCH fuck Hayley-"

"Just one second.....done,"

I looked into his grey eyes, and he gave me a small smile.

We were currently scarily close, and I felt my heart beat slowly increase.

"Thanks," he said softly, "never thought you'd be the one being responsible," he added.

"Well one of us has to," I chuckled.

He looked into my eyes again, and sort of...I don't know, I felt....special.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHO HAVE I BECOME.

"I'm sorry you've dealt with such shitty guys," he said,

"You too," I scoffed, "and Cassidy,"

After a while, he went and freahed up, and I asked him if he wanted to finished the rest of the movie with me.

We sat on my bed with my laptop infromt of us, and watched the movie together, huddled up in my blanket, as the cold wind blew into the room.

We were up till 5am talking, and watched the sunrise together, through my window, and man. That was the happiest I'd been in a while.

A/N
Hii! Pls lmk what you think if you've made it this far into the book ❤❤