fourty five

Hayley's POV

"Hey," Aiden smiled, as he walked into class and say down beside me.

I looked at him and smiled back, before scrunching up my nose, "Did you change your earing?" I asked.

"2 months ago, yeah," he said.

Damn really?

"What? Change it back," the old one was cuter, c'mon

"Why it's not like you'd notice,"

"Ofcource I would," I did notice, didn't I? Maybe a little late, but I did.

"2 months later?" He chuckled. His voice Oh my god.

"Aiden! Hayley, please stop talking," Mrs.Holler said. Damn that's the nicest she's ever told me to shut up.

Class was not particularly eventful, I had this annoying painful sting in my rib which was really messing with me, and all I could think about was something going wrong with my fucking rib. I was going to get my cast off my leg very soon, and I am not here for anything stopping my from doing what I want to, after that.

"You coming for lunch?" Aiden asked, as we walked out of the class together.

"Yeah, I'll be there in 10," I said, and walked back to my room, my crutches annoyingly trailing behind me.

I went back to my room, washed my face, and sat down on my bed, checking my phone.

Mom: Hi sweety, how's everything? Sorry I haven't haven't calling, been super busy. I was hoping to meet you sometime soon, let me know when you're free :)

I put my phone for charge, and sat on my bed doing nothing for a few minutes, until, the door burst open, and Scarlett rushed in. She was on the phone, sounded extremely worried, and had a few dried up tears staining the sides of her cheeks.

"Okay," she sniffled, "he's not awake though?" She asked, "okay, thank you," she said, and hung up.

"Hey," I said softly. She looked at me and gave me a tight lipped unhappy smile. "What happened?" I asked, concerned.

"My dad...he's in the hospital. He's fine now, but he drank too much last night, so I need to go see him," she said, sniffling again.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah," she smiled softly.

"I'll come with you, I have nothing better to do," I offered.

"No no, your leg and everything, besides, I think it's better if I do this alone?" She said.

"Ohh yeah no, for sure," I smiled. "Call me if you need anything okay? I can take a cab there if you're gonna be long." I said.

"Thanks Jones," she smiled. "I'll text you when I reach." She said, and took her coat, after which she walked out of the room.

I headed to lunch soon after, ate with Aiden and Levi, and then headed back to my room. After my last few classes got over, I took a nap.

I woke up at about 6, feeling a little groggy and disoriented, so I tried to distract myself. I put on some music and painted. I thought about calling Scarlett, but I figured she'd call if she needed to.

I was finally feeling a whole lot better, when I checked my phone moments before I went for dinner and,

I took a deep breath in, feeling my insides squirm uncomfortably.