Prologue

Before I hit my teenage years, I would always play with my brother Christopher in the backyard

Before I hit my teenage years, I would always play with my brother Christopher in the backyard. We were inseparable and no one or anything could separate the two of us. Mom would always struggle putting us to bed knowing Christopher and I would be able to stay up all night playing games and laughing in our own company.

Once he started getting older, that is when things started changing. Although someone may think "It was bound to happen someday. Am I right?", I did not expect it to take such a toll on me. I would always look up to him, how he was so caring of Mom and I, or how he would always help Dad fix the car or cut the yard. But it never came to my attention that we would have to grow up and become independent.

As I got older and started attending middle school, for some odd reason I was very excited to go to high school. Do not ask me why I was a 13 year old girl who just got her period and decided that high school would be fun. Hooray High School! But what I didn't realize was that once high school is over it's gonna be me against the world. That's me. Veronica the girl who is scared of growing up.

Now at the bright age of 17, I stand in the parking lot next to my Nissan Rogue, staring at the entrance of the school not knowing what to expect for my senior year. My last and final year before I enter the big world. My reality.

"Well. Here goes nothing".

 Here goes nothing"